Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Strange Symptoms For 1 1/2 Years... Celiac's? Cancer? Ibd?

• Please log in to reply

3 replies to this topic

#1 quirkinator

quirkinator

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

For the last year and a half, I wake up each morning, and vomit either bile or last night's dinner (completely undigested). I get nauseous throughout the day, and sometimes after I eat. Also, I have diarrhea, or loose stool that is sometimes bloody. In addition, I have lost about 25-30lbs over the last 9 months. I do not have much of an appetite, and when I do eat, little meals make me full. My belly gets really big as if I am pregnant, and then my stomach gurgles loudly for hours. In addition to these symptoms, I am on cochicine for PFAPA, a very rare auto-immune disorder. And, to top all that off, I have been getting migraines about once per week for the last two years, and I have a lot of hair loss. Last week I went to a gastroenterologist and will be having a colonoscopy, upper endoscopy, gastric emptying test, stool test, and a bunch of blood work. I am afraid of what this might be. Any ideas/support/suggestions would be helpful. I am a 29 year old female of Jewish European ancestry, if that makes a difference. Lastly, all my blood work came back normal, except an elevated bilirubin (dehydration?). Thanks for listening.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

Did you spacifically have the celiac panel done? It has a tendency to pop up with other autoimmune disorders.

#3 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

Yikes, colchicine alone is enough to make anyone throw up. I had to take it once when I had a gout breakthrough and asked my doctor how long I had to take it. He said until the gout goes away or until you can't tolerate the colchicine any more, which is usually about the same time. :lol: I am so sorry you are having to go through that. Have you tried stopping the colchicine and seeing if there is any improvement? It sure made me ill :(
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4 quirkinator

quirkinator

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

No, but I requested to have that test performed. I can't wait for the results. Going a little nuts here.

Unfortunately I have to take colchicine for life. I've only been taking it for about a year, and the symptoms started well before that. It works well for my PFAPA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: