Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Strange Symptoms For 1 1/2 Years... Celiac's? Cancer? Ibd?

4 posts in this topic

For the last year and a half, I wake up each morning, and vomit either bile or last night's dinner (completely undigested). I get nauseous throughout the day, and sometimes after I eat. Also, I have diarrhea, or loose stool that is sometimes bloody. In addition, I have lost about 25-30lbs over the last 9 months. I do not have much of an appetite, and when I do eat, little meals make me full. My belly gets really big as if I am pregnant, and then my stomach gurgles loudly for hours. In addition to these symptoms, I am on cochicine for PFAPA, a very rare auto-immune disorder. And, to top all that off, I have been getting migraines about once per week for the last two years, and I have a lot of hair loss. Last week I went to a gastroenterologist and will be having a colonoscopy, upper endoscopy, gastric emptying test, stool test, and a bunch of blood work. I am afraid of what this might be. Any ideas/support/suggestions would be helpful. I am a 29 year old female of Jewish European ancestry, if that makes a difference. Lastly, all my blood work came back normal, except an elevated bilirubin (dehydration?). Thanks for listening.

Ads by Google:

Did you spacifically have the celiac panel done? It has a tendency to pop up with other autoimmune disorders.

Yikes, colchicine alone is enough to make anyone throw up. I had to take it once when I had a gout breakthrough and asked my doctor how long I had to take it. He said until the gout goes away or until you can't tolerate the colchicine any more, which is usually about the same time. :lol: I am so sorry you are having to go through that. Have you tried stopping the colchicine and seeing if there is any improvement? It sure made me ill :(

No, but I requested to have that test performed. I can't wait for the results. Going a little nuts here.

Unfortunately I have to take colchicine for life. I've only been taking it for about a year, and the symptoms started well before that. It works well for my PFAPA.