Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Strange Symptoms For 1 1/2 Years... Celiac's? Cancer? Ibd?

4 posts in this topic

For the last year and a half, I wake up each morning, and vomit either bile or last night's dinner (completely undigested). I get nauseous throughout the day, and sometimes after I eat. Also, I have diarrhea, or loose stool that is sometimes bloody. In addition, I have lost about 25-30lbs over the last 9 months. I do not have much of an appetite, and when I do eat, little meals make me full. My belly gets really big as if I am pregnant, and then my stomach gurgles loudly for hours. In addition to these symptoms, I am on cochicine for PFAPA, a very rare auto-immune disorder. And, to top all that off, I have been getting migraines about once per week for the last two years, and I have a lot of hair loss. Last week I went to a gastroenterologist and will be having a colonoscopy, upper endoscopy, gastric emptying test, stool test, and a bunch of blood work. I am afraid of what this might be. Any ideas/support/suggestions would be helpful. I am a 29 year old female of Jewish European ancestry, if that makes a difference. Lastly, all my blood work came back normal, except an elevated bilirubin (dehydration?). Thanks for listening.

Ads by Google:

Did you spacifically have the celiac panel done? It has a tendency to pop up with other autoimmune disorders.

Yikes, colchicine alone is enough to make anyone throw up. I had to take it once when I had a gout breakthrough and asked my doctor how long I had to take it. He said until the gout goes away or until you can't tolerate the colchicine any more, which is usually about the same time. :lol: I am so sorry you are having to go through that. Have you tried stopping the colchicine and seeing if there is any improvement? It sure made me ill :(

No, but I requested to have that test performed. I can't wait for the results. Going a little nuts here.

Unfortunately I have to take colchicine for life. I've only been taking it for about a year, and the symptoms started well before that. It works well for my PFAPA.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Hey guys so question. I still am going through some of the motions to finally be diagnosed. I has a really bad case of acid reflux a few days ago and now i feel soo sick. Im still eating gluten because i got a negative biaopsy test but ive been told thag i more than likely still have it because its really hard to detect. Well i drank beer last night and had a poutine today stupid i know and now i feel soooo sick. And only felt really sick after the poutine. Now my question is can your symptoms get worse all of a sudden??  I have many other symptoms thaat read celiac deisease for most of my life. But since all doctors told me you have anxiety ibs and fibro at 28 years old. I just baiscally gave up and figured this was going to be my life feeling like crap for the rest of my life. Any thoughts??? Thanks guys. Sorry for the novel lol
    • A negative result from a biopsy that is. 
    • I have a question. Hey guys so question. I still am going through some of the motions to finally be diagnosed. I has a really bad case of acid reflux a few days ago and now i feel soo sick. Im still eating gluten because i got a negative test but ive been told thag i more than likely still have it because its really hard to detect. Well i drank beer last night and had a poutine today stupid i know and now i feel soooo sick. And only felt really sick after the poutine. Now my question is can your symptoms get worse all of a sudden??  I have many other symptoms thaat read celiac deisease for most of my life. But since all doctors told me you have anxiety ibs and fibro at 28 years old. I just baiscally gave up and figured this was going to be my life feeling like crap for the rest of my life. Any thoughts??? Thanks guys. Sorry for the novel lol
    • I have 2 insurance policies, one with my husband's company and one through mine. I also stretch out the more major work into the next year, so I can make the most use of my benefits. So, a dental implant for me takes about a year for me to complete.  I have the post put in at the end of one year and the tooth made about 6 months later. Honestly, the insurance company probably hates me because I max out my benefits every year. You do what ya gotta do!  I still have to pay for some of the work out of pocket but about 75% gets covered. If you pay cash for procedures then they usually charge a lower price. Haggle with the dentist over price. They like getting cash.
    • Did your doctor check for SIBO, H. pylori, ulcers, etc. when he was obtaining biopsies to check for celiac disease?  
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Kasia2016