3 replies to this topic

#1 katrina500

katrina500

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:56 AM

I've been gluten free for two years. I accidentally had some about a week ago and am feeling tired, headaches, leg weakness, tinnitus etc. How long does anyone think it will take to leave my system and any tips on how to get rid of it quicker?

Thank you.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,721 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:12 AM

I'm sorry this happened to you. The time to recover can vary from person to person. For me it takes about 3 weeks but it could be sooner for you.
When I get glutened anti-inflammatorys help a bit with the pain. I try to drink lots of water and to rest as much as I can. I also make sure that I am taking my vitamins, the B's and D in particular along with some sublingual B12 which seems to help my brain and nerves.
I hope you recover quickly.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#3 katrina500

katrina500

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:33 AM

I'm sorry this happened to you. The time to recover can vary from person to person. For me it takes about 3 weeks but it could be sooner for you.
When I get glutened anti-inflammatorys help a bit with the pain. I try to drink lots of water and to rest as much as I can. I also make sure that I am taking my vitamins, the B's and D in particular along with some sublingual B12 which seems to help my brain and nerves.
I hope you recover quickly.

Thank you! It took about a week from the gluten intake for me to actually get sick. Is that 'normal'?

#4 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,721 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:44 AM

Thank you! It took about a week from the gluten intake for me to actually get sick. Is that 'normal'?

The time that each of us take to react can vary from person to person. When I did my doctor guided elimination diet he told me to only add back each item one week at a time since reactions can take that long to appear. So yes it could be normal for you.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: