This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

What Is Your Favorite Alcoholic Drink?

user853

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

I will second the Green's recommendation. I tend to find the the dubbel dark too sweet sometimes and go for the amber ale, but both are fantastic.

My go-to drink of choice- mead or vodka&water. What? I'm Polish...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

user853 Apprentice

My go-to drink of choice- mead or vodka&water. What? I'm Polish...

We have a local meadery. I bought a bottle, it was expensive. And, I guess I just didn't get it. Do you drink like wine? Or make mixed drinks?

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Mead - needs to be drunk sitting by a roaring fire, like an after dinner liqueur. Well, maybe anyway:)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

LukeC
    Newest Member
    LukeC
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• trents
      But I'm not sure that makes sense. For it to work that way you would have to have the blood antibody tests done by a GI doc who then could declare you to have celiac disease based on the fact that your scores are 10x or greater than normal. But, in the UK can you even start with a GI doc appointment without a referral? We have numbers of reports from forum participants from the UK who were not required to undergo a biopsy because their blood antibody scores were so high.
    • Scott Adams
      In the Europe the new protocol for making a celiac disease diagnosis in children is if their tTg-IgA (tissue transglutaminase IgA) levels are 10 times or above the positive level for celiac disease. According to the latest research, if the blood test results are at certain high levels that range between 5-10 times the reference range for a positive celiac disease diagnosis, it may not be necessary to confirm the results using an endoscopy/biopsy: Blood Test Alone Can Diagnose Celiac Disease in Most Children and Adults TGA-IgA at or Above Five Times Normal Limit in Kids Indicates Celiac Disease in Nearly All Cases No More Biopsies to Diagnose Celiac Disease in Children! There are other things that may cause elevated tTg-IgA levels, but in general a reaction to gluten is the culprit:    
    • Scott Adams
      Vertigo was a primary symptom for me before I went gluten-free, so it is a definite possibility. 
    • trents
      Welcome to the forum, @User492919129! Are you still consuming dairy and oats (even gluten free oats)? It is common for celiacs to "cross react" to these two foods (and others like soy and eggs and corn) because their proteins are similar in structure to gluten. And perhaps you have developed another food intolerance, also common among celiacs. You might consider keeping a food diary to spot any patterns between what you eat and symptoms.
    • User492919129
      I’m 17 currently and I was diagnosed with Delian disease in December 2023, since my diagnosis I have gone completely gluten free, with no cross contamination. Initially I started to feel a lot better and was getting sick less recently and my immunity was generally getting better. HOWEVER around late February I started feeling very unwell again having celiac like symptoms again despite not consuming gluten. I sort of put this aside but these past few weeks I have been feeling awful and my bloating is so bad. I cannot eat without feeling sick and like I am going to throw up. I am constantly tired and exhausted cannot make it through most days without napping. I was just word wrong if anyone had experienced a similar thing and how they improved it?