#17 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

lol i know :)

UGH! Alright, how the heck did a huge wasp get into my room? Right now its got its butt sat inbetween the fire alarm and the wall in my valt. I chased it around for a while but was unable to squish it.

What makes matters worse is i'm really allergic to them :(

I've got all my windows open, a fan pointed at the ceiling, and a shoe handy.

The beetles are still here if you want to know. I think that huge "beetle" i saw was the wasp. NOT COOL! I want winter NOW.

#18 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,744 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:44 PM

lol i know :)

UGH! Alright, how the heck did a huge wasp get into my room? Right now its got its butt sat inbetween the fire alarm and the wall in my valt. I chased it around for a while but was unable to squish it.

What makes matters worse is i'm really allergic to them :(

I've got all my windows open, a fan pointed at the ceiling, and a shoe handy.

The beetles are still here if you want to know. I think that huge "beetle" i saw was the wasp. NOT COOL! I want winter NOW.

And as you have those windows open hoping the wasp will leave 3 bees fly in....

Seriously though I do feel for you as I hate those things with a passion myself.

If you have a store handy that has it there is a wasp spray that will spray like 10 ft. Of course then you have to deal with the smell of the spray.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#19 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

Screens are lovely for keeping things out. I'm at a loss how this thing got in (unless it crawled under the gap in my door, somehow went five floors from where ever it came in, etc.). I've scoured all three of the screens, all are in properly and no holes.

Right now i have the hallway door open maybe i'tll go out there? If it does, i'ma shove a towel under the door <_<.

#20 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:14 PM

If you can get close enough, turn a can of canned air upside down and spray it, it will freeze the wasp and no stinky smell!
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#21 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

I'll try that... if i can ever get it to come down from the smoke detector.

#22 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:26 PM

Got anything you can throw at it? Nerf ball? Neighbor kids have nerf balls?

#23 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

What does nerf even stand for?.....

#24 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

I can't throw very well at all.

At any raate, it wouldn't even hit. The smoke detector is somewhat big and really close to the wall, so i can just barely see it.

Also, i'm somewhat of a coward...

#25 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:30 AM

Lady bugs have been very numerous in the East the last few years also. And stink bugs.

Many bugs are attracted to lights at night, just like moths. So leaving a light on isa good idea if it draws them into a trap. They make sticky glue fly strips you can hang from a ceiling also. Maybe a light and a few of the glue strips would do the trick. For fleas they say to put out a pan of water with some beer and a little dish soap in it and a light above. They jump in the water and drown. The soap keeps the water surface tension low so they sink.
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#26 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

Lady bugs have been very numerous in the East the last few years also. And stink bugs.

Many bugs are attracted to lights at night, just like moths. So leaving a light on isa good idea if it draws them into a trap. They make sticky glue fly strips you can hang from a ceiling also. Maybe a light and a few of the glue strips would do the trick. For fleas they say to put out a pan of water with some beer and a little dish soap in it and a light above. They jump in the water and drown. The soap keeps the water surface tension low so they sink.

What's the beer do?

#27 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:51 AM

good news, I might have gotten the wasp. I had the door open to the hallway and it landed in the jam and i slammed the door. I'll go check in a bit if i got it or not (hope so), but yay!

Still have one beetle bug thing, but i'd take that any day over a wasp.

#28 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:55 AM

It's all about the strategy! Hope you get a break from the bug bashing soon.

#29 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:39 PM

What's the beer do?

Beer helps attract the fleas. Probably anything sweet or fragrant would work. Or even a nice bowl of red hot blood would work great, since that's what they eat. Yes, that's right, they eat blood! Purfect for Halloween! Thousands of little blood eaters swarming around the place. All of them attracted to your night time reading light. Eww.

How to make a flea trap wiki how
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#30 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:23 AM

So, the wasp is back. Somehow, the towel i placed under the edge of my entryway got moved.

Gues who got woke up by buzzing? <_<

After being chased around for a while, I remembered something.

Up in montana, we would make these homemade bee traps. You take a disposable water bottle, cut it in two, invert it, staple it, and put something like a sweet liquid inside of it (didn't have soda, so i used honey water).

So, now i wait. Hopefully, it kills the bugger. They can fly in, but not back out and eventually die in there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: