1 reply to this topic

#1 jlaw

jlaw

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

Today I watched as my 4 and 5 year olds finished up their sandwiches - crumbs everywhere!! Faces, hands, floor. Yesterday, I had to stop my daughter dipping her biscuit in my coffee, something that had been a daily ritual pre-diagnosis. Guess I'm still just getting used to the little things. And I guess my little things need to get used to some changes too!
DH dx by skin biopsy July 2012

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:07 AM

Mine are 3 and 5! It is taking a while to all get used to it - like that mum isn't going to stop halfway through breakfast to cut up toast or pick that pasta off the floor.

I have a slightly confusing system of cleaning cloths e.g. for wiping the table. Then there's those sticky hugs heading towards you...

I just realized their snacks are getting all over the stroller.

My 5 year old is really sweet, we get to share comparisons of what we can eat (he is nut free) and he looks out for me, and has started asking other people if things are gluten-free.

We all get to learn together I guess :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: