Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Halloween For The Kids

5 posts in this topic

Okay , I was just reminded today by running into a store and seeing the isle full of Halloween products already, that it is just around the corner.

How do you handle this holiday for your kids. Whether you allow your kids to go trick or treating or go to a party, there is going to be a lot of candy to sift through.

What do you do? Does anybody have a list handy of all the acceptable candies? I know about Kraft and how they will disclose all ingredients, how about all the other goodies ?

Ads by Google:

Karen posted a great list under the Halloween is Coming thread.....all the gluten-free candy there is, and there is still a ton!

I buy a couple of bags *for variety* and "trade" with my son for the gluten-free version. Some of it is traded with his brother and sister. They'll give him a snickers for a kit Kat..... You should monitor the trading amongst children or the older *wiser* kids will walk all over the younger celiac like China over the U.S. :lol:

Break Bars are great gluten-free "kit Kats". We like them a lot. They have an orange flavored one now. I just ordered some for Halloween trading. Gluten free mall has them. Shipping is crippling at gfmall.

I buy a couple of bags *for variety* and "trade" with my son for the gluten-free version.  Some of it is traded with his brother and sister.  They'll give him a snickers for a kit Kat.....  You should monitor the trading amongst children or the older *wiser* kids will walk all over the younger celiac like China over the U.S.  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what I do with my sister. She's allergic to peanuts and I'm gluten-free, so we trade, let's say, she gives me an Oh Henry and I give her Smarties. It works well!