4 replies to this topic

#1 Bette

Bette

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 01:02 PM

Okay , I was just reminded today by running into a store and seeing the isle full of Halloween products already, that it is just around the corner.

How do you handle this holiday for your kids. Whether you allow your kids to go trick or treating or go to a party, there is going to be a lot of candy to sift through.

What do you do? Does anybody have a list handy of all the acceptable candies? I know about Kraft and how they will disclose all ingredients, how about all the other goodies ?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 skoki_mom

skoki_mom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 01:06 PM

Karen posted a great list under the Halloween is Coming thread.....all the gluten-free candy there is, and there is still a ton!
LORI

Dx celiac disease Aug 25/05, ate KFC that night and gluten-free ever since

#3 Jnkmnky

Jnkmnky

Bloom where you are planted.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 02:59 PM

I buy a couple of bags *for variety* and "trade" with my son for the gluten-free version. Some of it is traded with his brother and sister. They'll give him a snickers for a kit Kat..... You should monitor the trading amongst children or the older *wiser* kids will walk all over the younger celiac like China over the U.S. :lol:
I believe in God.

#4 Jnkmnky

Jnkmnky

Bloom where you are planted.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 03:01 PM

Break Bars are great gluten-free "kit Kats". We like them a lot. They have an orange flavored one now. I just ordered some for Halloween trading. Gluten free mall has them. Shipping is crippling at gfmall.
I believe in God.

#5 fisharefriendsnotfood

fisharefriendsnotfood

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 06:29 AM

I buy a couple of bags *for variety* and "trade" with my son for the gluten-free version.  Some of it is traded with his brother and sister.  They'll give him a snickers for a kit Kat.....  You should monitor the trading amongst children or the older *wiser* kids will walk all over the younger celiac like China over the U.S.  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what I do with my sister. She's allergic to peanuts and I'm gluten-free, so we trade, let's say, she gives me an Oh Henry and I give her Smarties. It works well!
14 years old
Diagnosed with celiac disease in 1993
Totally gluten-free since 1993

"All there is in life is wheat...Oh, wheat! Lots of wheat! Fields of wheat! A tremendous amount of wheat! Yellow wheat. Red wheat. Wheat with feathers. Cream of wheat!" - Woody Allen, Love and Death

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: