10 replies to this topic

#1 mbrookes

mbrookes

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:47 AM

I ordered some stuff from Kinnikinnick and they sent me a free trial pack of dinner rolls. OMG. They are great. I also saw that they have changed their bread. I hated the old kind. Has anyone tried the "new soft" bread they are advertising?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mommyto2kids

mommyto2kids

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

I like lots of their things, however the gluten-free oreos and donuts make me very ill. Be warned. Stay away. No fun.

#3 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

I like lots of their things, however the gluten-free oreos and donuts make me very ill. Be warned. Stay away. No fun.

You're not saying that they are not gluten free, just that you have a reaction to an undisclosed ingredient? YES? :)

I thing their donuts are drop dead awesome. I eat them frozen. :rolleyes:
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#4 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,145 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

I like thier "Oreos" and the vanilla ones. My oldest son who isn't gluten-free, thinks thier "Oreos" are better than real Oreos. :ph34r:

Donut were good the one time I got them.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

My daughter loves the donuts . . . I can't buy them too often because she has no self-control once they are in the house.

I wonder where she gets that from?

:rolleyes:
:ph34r:
:lol:

I have not seen their new bread . . . but they had to do something to keep up with Udi's and Rudi's.
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#6 modiddly16

modiddly16

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:44 AM

Stay away from their donuts and oreos? No thanks. They're gluten free and delicious. In fact, I'm going to get some right now :)

#7 NorthernElf

NorthernElf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:56 AM

Kinnikinnick is truly a gluten-free facility - no CC risk there at all. LOVE their stuff....wish they could simplify their online ordering. I used to order stuff regularly but they changed their shipping - you submit your order and someone has to get back to you about shipping. Maybe it's just me, but I don't want to spend all that time going through their products, composing a list, and then possibly finding shipping is too much - I like sites to have everything up front if I'm shopping, when I'm shopping.

Safeway does carry some of their stuff, as well as Udi's and such. I have been to their facility/bakery in Edmonton - nice - more than just their own products (non bakery items) !!

#8 lovegrov

lovegrov

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:04 AM

You do know, don't you, that Kinnikinnick is pretty much as gluten free and CC free as any place like this can possibly be? At one time -- and this still might be true -- workers weren't even allowed to bring anything for lunch that wasn't gluten-free.

richard

#9 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

It sounds like something else in those products may have affected you. Some people have reactions to ingredients like pea protein and tapioca. This would not be a gluten issue:)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#10 mbrookes

mbrookes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

I eat the Oreos almost every day and have never had a problem. The Panko bread crumbs are great. I was just wondering about the new bread because I really did not like their bread when I tried it, but if this is better I'll give it a try.

#11 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

I had their English muffins way back when and I used them like bread. They are so thick you can get three or four slices out of them I thought they were delicious. And yes, I reacted to them, but I knew it was the corn starch that caused my problem. I couldn't eat any breads at all for a while because of the corn.

But now I can tolerate corn starch. :D I've been buying Udi's and eating it daily for a while now. Maybe next time I'll get those English Muffins instead. Thanks for reminding me. :)

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: