Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Bloody Mary Mix

9 posts in this topic

Why does Bloody Mary mix contain wheat? I checked 3 brands at the store today (Zing-Zang, Mr & Mrs T and something else I don't remember) and all had wheat listed as an ingredient. Does any one know of a safe Bloody Mary mix? I know I can make my own, but I'm lazy.

Ads by Google:

Shortcut is clamato and v8, with Worcestershire, garlic, horseradish, salt pepper, Tabasco, olive or pepper juice, lemon or lime...

Ok, wasn't that short.

Personally I hate them but hubs drinks them.

Just be careful on the Worcestershire sauce. Lea & Perrins is gluten-free in the United States, but contains malt vinegar (barley) in other countries.

So what purpose do you suppose the wheat serves? Or maybe that's part of another ingredient like soy sauce?

Oh, and I can make a fine Bloody myself. I was just looking for a short cut.

I *think* Cost Plus has a gluten-free mix (or one that I determined to be gluten-free). It's been a while. Bloody Mary's are not my thing...yuck.

So what purpose do you suppose the wheat serves? Or maybe that's part of another ingredient like soy sauce?

I think it isn't wheat in the Worchester sauce it is the barley malt that is an issue for us. If you making your own just go for the L&P sauce that was advised.

Off topic, Ravenwoodglass, but I have taken your "Courage" quote to be mine. I use it frequently. Thank you for introducing me to it.

Off topic, Ravenwoodglass, but I have taken your "Courage" quote to be mine. I use it frequently. Thank you for introducing me to it.

Your quite welcome. That is my favorite quote of hers. She has others I have seen that are just as wise but that one is the one that moves me the most.