11 replies to this topic

#1 quirkinator

quirkinator

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

The prep isn't the problem for me... I'm just getting really, really nervous about my upcoming colonoscopy and upper endoscopy at 2pm today. I don't want to be in pain or have something go wrong. :-(

On a side note, all of my tests have come back normal - blood and fecal - and I'm just hoping that whatever is wrong with me, they can diagnose.

For Thanksgiving I'm exploring gluten-free options, just in case.

Back to the prep...

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:40 AM

Good luck! :)
Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:19 AM

It is getting closer. I hope a diagnosis will be clear.

Diana

#4 rosetapper23

rosetapper23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:15 AM

These procedures are painless, and usually there's very little discomfort (if any) afterwards. Sometimes you can feel as though your stomach and intestinal areas have been buffeted about (little soreness), but that passes after a few days. You'll see--these procedures are not difficult to undergo. Fear not!

#5 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

Did the nerves get the best of you, or are you through it. Please update.

Diana

#6 quirkinator

quirkinator

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

I survived! Now I'm waiting for 2 weeks for the results...

#7 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,793 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:25 AM

With your biopsy and blood work done now you can go ahead and give the diet a good strict try. Your body may give you the answer before you even go in for the results.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#8 nickymacd

nickymacd

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:55 AM

Hi there.

I'm very pleased it went OK for you and now it's a case of waiting a couple of weeks. I am due to have a colonoscopy and endoscopy in the next couple of months and am somewhat nervous too so it's reassuring to read the posts on here. Are you know able to get on with a gluten free diet or do you need to wait?

Best of luck,

Nicky

#9 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:00 AM

Great to hear it went ok. Good luck now with the diet
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#10 MoMof2Boyz

MoMof2Boyz

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:38 AM

Glad to hear it went just fine! did tthey completely put you out or was it just a twilight sedative? My endoscopy is tomorrow!

#11 quirkinator

quirkinator

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

Glad to hear it went just fine! did tthey completely put you out or was it just a twilight sedative? My endoscopy is tomorrow!

I was COMPLETELY out! And afterwards... Korean food for a reward... In my sedated state. Don't remember that either, but it must have been good because I didn't bring home any leftovers. :-)

#12 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

Glad to hear you survived - I too forget everything during and for about two hours after - depends on the meds administered and how you tolerate them :blink:

Are you know able to get on with a gluten free diet or do you need to wait?

As long as all celiac related blood testing is complete before the procedure you can remove ALL gluten as soon as it is done - good luck to you :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: