Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Nervous About Today's Endoscopy And Colonoscopy

12 posts in this topic

The prep isn't the problem for me... I'm just getting really, really nervous about my upcoming colonoscopy and upper endoscopy at 2pm today. I don't want to be in pain or have something go wrong. :-(

On a side note, all of my tests have come back normal - blood and fecal - and I'm just hoping that whatever is wrong with me, they can diagnose.

For Thanksgiving I'm exploring gluten-free options, just in case.

Back to the prep...

Ads by Google:

It is getting closer. I hope a diagnosis will be clear.

Diana

These procedures are painless, and usually there's very little discomfort (if any) afterwards. Sometimes you can feel as though your stomach and intestinal areas have been buffeted about (little soreness), but that passes after a few days. You'll see--these procedures are not difficult to undergo. Fear not!

Did the nerves get the best of you, or are you through it. Please update.

Diana

I survived! Now I'm waiting for 2 weeks for the results...

With your biopsy and blood work done now you can go ahead and give the diet a good strict try. Your body may give you the answer before you even go in for the results.

Hi there.

I'm very pleased it went OK for you and now it's a case of waiting a couple of weeks. I am due to have a colonoscopy and endoscopy in the next couple of months and am somewhat nervous too so it's reassuring to read the posts on here. Are you know able to get on with a gluten free diet or do you need to wait?

Best of luck,

Nicky

Great to hear it went ok. Good luck now with the diet

Glad to hear it went just fine! did tthey completely put you out or was it just a twilight sedative? My endoscopy is tomorrow!

Glad to hear it went just fine! did tthey completely put you out or was it just a twilight sedative? My endoscopy is tomorrow!

I was COMPLETELY out! And afterwards... Korean food for a reward... In my sedated state. Don't remember that either, but it must have been good because I didn't bring home any leftovers. :-)

Glad to hear you survived - I too forget everything during and for about two hours after - depends on the meds administered and how you tolerate them :blink:

Are you know able to get on with a gluten free diet or do you need to wait?

As long as all celiac related blood testing is complete before the procedure you can remove ALL gluten as soon as it is done - good luck to you :)