1 reply to this topic

#1 xxikayixx

xxikayixx

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:31 AM

Hi! I have a question and concern. I found out after over 10 years of suffering that I have a Gluten Allergy. I also have a Lactose allergy which I've known of since I was 5. As of April I have been gluten-free and only as of recently I've been getting HORRIBLE anxiety and sometimes really back panic attacks for no reason. I did a lot of research and decided to cut sugar out of my diet to see if it would help reduce the anxiety I had. It stopped, and I feel like a new person!
I'm pretty much assuming I am hypoglycemic. My problem is, how do I get fruit's and healthy sugars into my body without having an attack? I've had processed sugar in small amount ( under a tablespoon ) and even 4 grapes and got anxiety. Has anyone else struggled with this? I'm hoping to get some help on this issue.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:17 AM

Hi! I have a question and concern. I found out after over 10 years of suffering that I have a Gluten Allergy. I also have a Lactose allergy which I've known of since I was 5. As of April I have been gluten-free and only as of recently I've been getting HORRIBLE anxiety and sometimes really back panic attacks for no reason. I did a lot of research and decided to cut sugar out of my diet to see if it would help reduce the anxiety I had. It stopped, and I feel like a new person!
I'm pretty much assuming I am hypoglycemic. My problem is, how do I get fruit's and healthy sugars into my body without having an attack? I've had processed sugar in small amount ( under a tablespoon ) and even 4 grapes and got anxiety. Has anyone else struggled with this? I'm hoping to get some help on this issue.

I struggle with sugar. I have known I have hypoglycemia for many years. I know some people can't tolerate fruit at all. If you fit in to that category, vegetables are a tasty replacement. I have sometimes wondered if I need to do that, but I haven't yet.

I do have a plan. I only eat fruit with a meal. To optimize you would want to have a tablespoon of good oil (coconut, butter, or olive) included with the meal. You would also want to have 2-3 oz of protein and 27 carbs. I think of having bites of fruit rather than whole fruits. It helps if you have a family member to share your fruit with.

I use to drink large quantities of fruit juice. I accidentally ran out for quite a while. I came out of the fog! I didn't know I was foggy until I quit. When the fruit juice came back to the house; I noticed right away that I felt tired and foggy. I don't suggest fruit juice.

Fruit is high in nutrients. It is also high in sugar. Man has bred fruit to have more and more sugar. Be careful with fruit. When I don't have the sugary stuff, vegetables gain in flavor! Get as many nutrients as you can without sugar and you will gain in health!

Diana

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: