2 replies to this topic

#1 jasmine4063

jasmine4063

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

I have reacted with migraine all three times at eye doctor when they dilated eyes. I specifically asked this new eye doc if it had gluten or wheat or anything that would cause me to react and explained I am highly sensitive. He assured me not..Well, guess what?? I could not see the road to drive home very well and got a horrible migraine by the time I got home with no relief until about 6:30am the following morning. If my meds do not help it, then it is a gluten sensitivity. I have learned that much. :( Just wondering if I am only "oddball?" Thanks!
Jasimine

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:41 AM

Wouldn't make sense to put gluten in your eyes.

http://www.mayoclini...DSECTION=causes

Bright lights are a migraine trigger. When your eyes are dialated, they are more susceptable to bright light. Your eyes can't close up to keep the light out like they usually do. You know how the black part in the middle is really big when they are dialated? When you are in the sun, the black part gets really small to keep the extra light out.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#3 Gemini

Gemini

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

Wouldn't make sense to put gluten in your eyes.

http://www.mayoclini...DSECTION=causes

Bright lights are a migraine trigger. When your eyes are dialated, they are more susceptable to bright light. Your eyes can't close up to keep the light out like they usually do. You know how the black part in the middle is really big when they are dialated? When you are in the sun, the black part gets really small to keep the extra light out.

What she said!

I have Sjogren's Syndrome and get my eyes dilated once a year. Sjogren's makes you extremely light sensitive to begin with. I have to book my appointments late afternoon in the Fall, when it's dark by the time I get out of the docs or I would NEVER be able to drive home.

There is definitley no gluten at all in the dilating drops.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: