#1 shay3624

shay3624

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:20 PM

Hi Ladies,

I am newbie on the forums but I have enjoyed readying your post and finding out that im not "crazy" and its not "all in my head" this last week:) Thank goodness for Dr. Oz and his show! Anyway, my Doctor placed me on a REALLY stick weight loss diet two weeks ago. I knew I had a sensitivity to wheat when he gave me the list of what to eat..but I did not know how bad it was until after watching Dr. Oz on TV and finally figuring out that the pain i get that feels like needles that start in my hand, move to my arms, feet ect..all on one side of my body and then he other..was more than likely caused by this wheat sensitivity as well. So now, I have decd. to remove myself from ALL wheat products, no matter than amount of wheat in it. Among my diet list is:

1/2 piece of wheat toast with small amount of margarine, 1 boiled or poached egg, 1 fruit type (they give a list) or

1/2 cup bowl of raisin bran with 4 oz skim milk, 1/2 wheat toast with small amount margarine, and fruit listed.

I has one more choice that included oatmeal but im not much of an oatmeal girl. So from the options above..what can I substitute the wheat products for and STILL get the required nutrition that the doctor is going for in the breakfast portion of my diet plan? Ive taken out the wheat bread and tried another cereal but i dont think im eating enough now..its already VERY low cal. So how can i stay healthy and do it without the wheat products above? Any suggestions? btw..ive looked into buying glueten free bread but they dont sell it in my grocery store in my area..so i would prefer a substitute to that if possible..say in the form of another grain that would give the same amount of calories ect.

Thanks in advanced..

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Juliebove

Juliebove

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

That diet doesn't sound very good to me. If I were you I would get a referral to a dietician who can help devise a gluten free diet that will be nutritionally sound for you and allow you to lose weight. I do not usually take dietary advise from Drs. because they are not well trained in that regard.

My daughter is on the South Beach diet and it worked well for her in the beginning. Not working so well now because she is cheating and eating too much. Particularly applesause. But you can do this diet gluten free. When you get to the point of adding grains back in, just eat things like brown rice and quinoa.

#3 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

Why not just do a whole foods diet? Skip the bread stuff and have say an egg and a little fruit for breakfast. For lunch, you can have some leftovers from the night before, and for dinner some meat and veggies?

I typically eat like this (sans my cereal and pasta, no egg). A thing i like to do is to make a homemade soup and i get a good crust going on the bottom of the pan then i add water to it to make the broth, salt and pepper and whatever veggie suits me. Its a bit on the plain side for most i think, but i enjoy it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: