arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Is There A Board Or A Thread For Moms Of Special Needs Kids?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 megsybeth

megsybeth

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

I know a lot of us with celiac and celiac/gluten averse kids also have children with special needs. Is there a board for us? I'd love to hear from people going through what I'm going through and especially from those who've been where I've been and seen a brighter side. I was diagnosed with celiac just two weeks ago and I believe my four-year-old has celiac (that's why I was tested). He also has speech delays and motor delays. It's really a lot right now. Today his preschool teacher told me that he would probably do better with a shadow teacher in the class because he's so distracted and needs help engaging with other kids. It's just a lot right now.

If there's not a board to talk about this, I'd love to hear from other moms and dads here. I really hope the gluten-free diet will help my little boy somewhat, but I don't want to get too hopeful.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mommida

mommida

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

Parents of Celiacs really notice a change after going gluten free. Little ones with delays and failure to thrive have snapped back quickly and have a rapid growth on a gluten free diet. Topics get started on specific issues and adult Celiacs even chime in from their own childhood experiences with these difficulties.
Michigan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: