1 reply to this topic

#1 BethM55

BethM55

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

I highly recommend Casey's Cafe in Half Moon Bay, California, for excellent gluten free food and superior service. The owner eats gluten free, and creates many of the recipes. We had a late lunch there today. I enjoyed yummy pumpkin soup served with (I think they're called) pampusas, something like that. It's a fried, crispy food, like very thin sheets of a gluten free dough, I think made of garbanzo beans. Very tasty. And we splurged and shared an apple crisp, gluten free, of course. So seldom I can have dessert when we eat out! I've eaten at Casey's several times, and thoroughly enjoyed each experience. :D
Self diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten free since 12/09.
Diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 15 years ago. Fibro symptoms have improved but not gone away with gluten free living.
Osteoarthritis, mostly in hands and neck and lumbar spine. Not sure if going gluten-free has helped that problem, but it certainly can't hurt. (Am very grateful that so far no sign of the RA that is devastating my mother lately.)
Considering a dairy free trial. Considering.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mommyto2kids

mommyto2kids

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

Did they have non fried food there too? My parents live near there. It would be fun to try. We found some good ones in Santa Cruze last year from posters on here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: