This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Wolff

Tigercat17

Tigercat17 Enthusiast

Hi everyone!

I've been gluten free for three years now and doing great except for the occasional accidental glutening. I know I just got glutened again and I really suspect the Wolff

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dilettantesteph Collaborator

I've been recommending this to my daughter, who is less sensitive than I am. I thought it was fairly safe. I think that I have reacted to it periodically, but that it was mainly good. I hope that you find out that it was something else. Can you please let me know? I generally stick to the groats because then I can see if there is something in there that doesn't belong. I think that they buy buckwheat from a lot of farmers so there could be a lot of variables.

Takala Enthusiast

I would be getting after your Whole Foods store to resume carrying the Pocono brand. I mean, they have these clerks all the time saying "did you find everything you need?" and not carrying the safe brand of gluten free buckwheat in a supposed "health food store" doesn't do anyone any good. It's bad enough that I can't use so many of their house brand packaged goods of plain ingredients, such as nuts, that would be the usual ingredients in gluten free cooking, because they are processed in a facility with wheat. :angry:

I like buckwheat, but it was only Rice Guy's suggestion to try the Pocono brand that kept me from giving up on it, some of these other brands had oat or "other" cross contamination. I try to find the groats, as d-steph says, so I can eyeball them for alien visitors :P before grinding them in a coffee grinder for flour. (a little of the flour goes a long way in recipes). With crop cycles coming and going, my spouse does not quite get why I keep more than one little box around.... it's only a 50 to 70 mile round trip finding the stuff.

• 2 months later...
glutenturnsmen2mrshyde Newbie

MMM I love Pocono cream of Buckwheat!!! I had it the first time the other day and I made it like I use to make cream of wheat halof water half milk with some butter. I ate it like grits and than I ate the left overs the next day and put sugar in them. I was ecstatic it almost tasted like cream of wheat (which I havent had in three years),

You can also order it on line through some of these health companies order your other staples at the same time so the shipping costs will be worth it.

• 10 months later...
moosemalibu Collaborator

I just tried the Pocono cream of buckwheat! So good. I made it with almond milk, added vanilla bean pure maple syrup and sliced bananas. So good! Paired it with 2 scrambled eggs for a complete breakfast.

Archived