Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Dh?

5 posts in this topic

OK...last of the pics, I promise :-)

In the post earlier I sent links of pics I had taken of my most recent outbreak. This hive'ish swelling before turning into little blisters has happend a few different times in the last 2-3 months.

While thinking about it further, I realized some of the little bumps I always blow off may be DH related. Maybe? I have always had these little red breakouts by my hairline, on my shoulders, and on arms. They aren't terribly itchy in comparison to the welts in my previous post, but I literally can't remember a time "not" having red breakouts in these spots (hairline/shoulders/arms).

Maybe I am just fair skinned and sensitive...I don't know. I would just love to have a fix for the tummy issues I've been plagued with for so long, so I am hoping these little bumps prove to be "clues".

Hairline:

http://m1354.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/SLB5757/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_3024_zps8cd4e787.jpg.html?o=0&newest=1

Hairline:

http://m1354.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/SLB5757/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_3017_zpsa6c8ed16.jpg.html?o=1&newest=1

Shoulder:

http://m1354.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/SLB5757/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_3008_zpscf778143.jpg.html?o=2&newest=1

Arm:

http://m1354.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/SLB5757/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_3006_zpse56b2396.jpg.html?o=3&newest=1

Ads by Google:

These photos look like my DH when it first started 10 years ago. I initially thought that my skin was sensitive, or that I was getting some kind of bug bites. Over time it got worse and worse and spread over more and more of my body in larger patches that blistered over and over again.

Try to get it figured out ASAP because you might be able to avoid the years of suffering that many of us have dealt with. You skin looks pretty good at this point and you don't want to end up with the scars, dark spots and white spots that years of DH can cause.

Good luck.

The bumps scar and leave little purple patches that last for months as eventually, 6-mos to a year or so they become white/pale. It's never numerous, but I understand that time may come. I don't even mind the breakouts as much as my tummy pain unfortunately:/ I will try gluten free again...but I feel I have so much stomach damage and other food allergies that its just a lost cause. I stop gluten, then in a week or two when I still have stomach issues I give up. It's hard to deprive yourself of so many foods when food is all you have left as a means if comfort for the pain you are in :/

I think you really need to give gluten free a really good, 6 month long try. I read your other thread & 2 weeks are not going to do it. Your tummy troubles won't resolve in that time either. You say you have tried gluten free before but always go off in 2 weeks. Well, maybe you weren't really even gluten free. There is a very steep learning curve to the diet & there are cross contamination issues when living in a shared household with gluten eaters. You need to learn how not to get cc'd (cross contaminated). You say you have so many other food allergies ---- those may be correct or not --- they may be because your gut is ravaged from gluten & that's the root of the problem.

I think this may help put you on the right track:

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/91878-newbie-info-101/

I had a doctor tell me that eggs, milk and soy are very similar to gluten and I should eliminate those for a year to let your body heal. Chances are, you can then reintroduce. Not sure how common of a recommendation that is though? She has been one of the few docs I've talked to that seems pretty knowledgeable about this stuff and gave me lots of great info so far.

I'm feeling pretty good as long as I am super strict with the gluten so I continue eating both eggs and dairy but if you are still having GI issues you might want to look into it some more.

By the way, the pics look very much like my DH as well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• It sounds like you're doing great. That's amazing that your anxiety has decreased like that. You're obviously doing something really good for your health. With the other things I'm sure they will get better in time. After I gave up gluten I had a bad year but overall it got better. Things like anxiety and insomnia massively improved over time with being gluten free. However, going Paleo (which you are on your way to with the no dairy too) really helped my anxiety, as did running and self-taught acupressure. In particular I found processed gluten free foods were awful for my mood. I know you have to find your own way but I really want to encourage you to see how you feel without that if you haven't already. I also can't afford therapy but when I did have it, that helped too but just being well, gives you the chance to sort your own thoughts and feelings out even without a therapist. Good luck
    • Thank you so much guys. Reading that last response and those from forum members who seemed to be mind-bogglingly sensitive to gluten at times helps me feel like less of a freak  Perhaps worse than the symptoms themselves was my fear that I'm the only person on earth who has gone through this and that if it continues, I will end up with all of my friends and family washing their hands of me because it would look to them like I'm the only one with this and so I must be crazy. It's really good to hear that the sensitivity can go down too. I've been holding onto this idea through the tough times, reminding myself that I also had really bad hayfever for a few years, and asthma at a different time and they both got better.  It has been a whole month since I had a bad reaction to gluten. It has also been two weeks since I even had a small reaction and I'm feeling SO much better. I'm still going to take every precaution I can but this feels worlds away from how it was. At my most risk averse, I had a day on holiday where I only ate bananas and avocados because I could eat them without them having been touched by human hands, even my own! (This was straight after getting sicker and sicker and hunting down what it was that made me ill. I found the refill bottles of soap in the house where I was staying and read that they had wheat in them - not an airborne reaction I imagine but when I washed my hands to prepare food it was probably contaminating my food. Plus because I didn't speak the language, I couldn't be sure the new soap I bought was gluten free.) Now, I am still avoiding environments with lots of gluten and staying clear of all grains, with the exception of rice which I reintroduced using the food challenge method as directed by my dietician (since I understand that rice is, according to Dr Fasano, the lowest risk of gluten contamination of all the grains) and I am building my weight back up. My husband has been able to see also that the last time he cooked gluten in the house was the last time I got ill. So it is reassuring for him to see that the sacrifice he is making is making such a difference to me. I also took the advice about new cooking utensils - thanks! I have my fingers crossed for me. I want this better health to continue but right now I'm happy to know that there is a break in the clouds and to know that I can feel like me again. Good luck to everyone, sensitive or not, who gets into a bad place with managing their reactions. Hang on in there!        
    • I'm not sure I just had the endoscopy, and I've had a  songram. 
    • Thanks and I'm seeing a doctor in three months may have to make it sooner.    Thanks for all the replies.
    • Hey guys so question. I still am going through some of the motions to finally be diagnosed. I has a really bad case of acid reflux a few days ago and now i feel soo sick. Im still eating gluten because i got a negative biaopsy test but ive been told thag i more than likely still have it because its really hard to detect. Well i drank beer last night and had a poutine today stupid i know and now i feel soooo sick. And only felt really sick after the poutine. Now my question is can your symptoms get worse all of a sudden??  I have many other symptoms thaat read celiac deisease for most of my life. But since all doctors told me you have anxiety ibs and fibro at 28 years old. I just baiscally gave up and figured this was going to be my life feeling like crap for the rest of my life. Any thoughts??? Thanks guys. Sorry for the novel lol
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    egs1707