#1 OHtummytroubles

OHtummytroubles

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

OK...last of the pics, I promise :-)

In the post earlier I sent links of pics I had taken of my most recent outbreak. This hive'ish swelling before turning into little blisters has happend a few different times in the last 2-3 months.

While thinking about it further, I realized some of the little bumps I always blow off may be DH related. Maybe? I have always had these little red breakouts by my hairline, on my shoulders, and on arms. They aren't terribly itchy in comparison to the welts in my previous post, but I literally can't remember a time "not" having red breakouts in these spots (hairline/shoulders/arms).

Maybe I am just fair skinned and sensitive...I don't know. I would just love to have a fix for the tummy issues I've been plagued with for so long, so I am hoping these little bumps prove to be "clues".

Hairline:
http://m1354.photobu...ml?o=0&newest=1

Hairline:
http://m1354.photobu...ml?o=1&newest=1

Shoulder:
http://m1354.photobu...ml?o=2&newest=1

Arm:
http://m1354.photobu...ml?o=3&newest=1

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Hopeful1950

Hopeful1950

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:01 AM

These photos look like my DH when it first started 10 years ago. I initially thought that my skin was sensitive, or that I was getting some kind of bug bites. Over time it got worse and worse and spread over more and more of my body in larger patches that blistered over and over again.

Try to get it figured out ASAP because you might be able to avoid the years of suffering that many of us have dealt with. You skin looks pretty good at this point and you don't want to end up with the scars, dark spots and white spots that years of DH can cause.

Good luck.

#3 OHtummytroubles

OHtummytroubles

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

The bumps scar and leave little purple patches that last for months as eventually, 6-mos to a year or so they become white/pale. It's never numerous, but I understand that time may come. I don't even mind the breakouts as much as my tummy pain unfortunately:/ I will try gluten free again...but I feel I have so much stomach damage and other food allergies that its just a lost cause. I stop gluten, then in a week or two when I still have stomach issues I give up. It's hard to deprive yourself of so many foods when food is all you have left as a means if comfort for the pain you are in :/

#4 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

I think you really need to give gluten free a really good, 6 month long try. I read your other thread & 2 weeks are not going to do it. Your tummy troubles won't resolve in that time either. You say you have tried gluten free before but always go off in 2 weeks. Well, maybe you weren't really even gluten free. There is a very steep learning curve to the diet & there are cross contamination issues when living in a shared household with gluten eaters. You need to learn how not to get cc'd (cross contaminated). You say you have so many other food allergies ---- those may be correct or not --- they may be because your gut is ravaged from gluten & that's the root of the problem.
I think this may help put you on the right track:

http://www.celiac.co...ewbie-info-101/

Self diagnosed dh Sept. 2011~~~ confirmed dx July 18, 2012
Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011
Hubs self diagnosed dh March 30, 2012
Hubs gluten free March 30, 2012

Summer 2013 We both have added back a little soy which is near unavoidable & we are doing okay with that small amount.

#5 tlcounts

tlcounts

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

I had a doctor tell me that eggs, milk and soy are very similar to gluten and I should eliminate those for a year to let your body heal. Chances are, you can then reintroduce. Not sure how common of a recommendation that is though? She has been one of the few docs I've talked to that seems pretty knowledgeable about this stuff and gave me lots of great info so far.

I'm feeling pretty good as long as I am super strict with the gluten so I continue eating both eggs and dairy but if you are still having GI issues you might want to look into it some more.

By the way, the pics look very much like my DH as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: