2 replies to this topic

#1 Cheryl_C

Cheryl_C

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:06 AM

I just came back from a trip to Niagara (Canada) and have some good news!

1) Niagara Falls (Canadian side) has a Milestones, a Keg (the other one is currently under construction), and an Outback! I was really sure I'd heard that ALL Outbacks in Canada had been closed, except for the ones in AB, but apparently that isn't true at all.

2) Niagara-on-the-Lake has a cute little cafe called The Irish Tea Room. Almost everything they have there is gluten-free. We ate their twice, and both times had ham & cheese quiche with lentil salad and broccoli salad. Their desserts are also gluten-free, but we did not have any room. I would definitely go back again. The food was excellent and the servers were very well-informed.

Just thought I would share!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,145 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:11 AM

I just came back from a trip to Niagara (Canada) and have some good news!

1) Niagara Falls (Canadian side) has a Milestones, a Keg (the other one is currently under construction), and an Outback! I was really sure I'd heard that ALL Outbacks in Canada had been closed, except for the ones in AB, but apparently that isn't true at all.

2) Niagara-on-the-Lake has a cute little cafe called The Irish Tea Room. Almost everything they have there is gluten-free. We ate their twice, and both times had ham & cheese quiche with lentil salad and broccoli salad. Their desserts are also gluten-free, but we did not have any room. I would definitely go back again. The food was excellent and the servers were very well-informed.

Just thought I would share!

I got tea and a treat (tea biscuits) at that tea house a few years before gluten-free. Don't know if it was gluten-free then. I wouldn't have cared. It was cold and the boys went for ice cream!

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 Chiana

Chiana

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:33 AM

There is a little restaurant called Savoury and Sweet that I would highly recommend to anyone travelling in the area. They can make anything on their menu gluten-free, and are very knowledgeable. They can also direct you to a completely gluten-free bakery up the street that makes their bread-crumbs. I picked up a loaf of sour-dough bread, grasshopper cookies, and several dozen pierogies. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: