• Please log in to reply

2 replies to this topic

Cheryl_C

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:06 AM

I just came back from a trip to Niagara (Canada) and have some good news!

1) Niagara Falls (Canadian side) has a Milestones, a Keg (the other one is currently under construction), and an Outback! I was really sure I'd heard that ALL Outbacks in Canada had been closed, except for the ones in AB, but apparently that isn't true at all.

2) Niagara-on-the-Lake has a cute little cafe called The Irish Tea Room. Almost everything they have there is gluten-free. We ate their twice, and both times had ham & cheese quiche with lentil salad and broccoli salad. Their desserts are also gluten-free, but we did not have any room. I would definitely go back again. The food was excellent and the servers were very well-informed.

Just thought I would share!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

kareng

Kiss me! I'm Irish!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,578 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:11 AM

I just came back from a trip to Niagara (Canada) and have some good news!

1) Niagara Falls (Canadian side) has a Milestones, a Keg (the other one is currently under construction), and an Outback! I was really sure I'd heard that ALL Outbacks in Canada had been closed, except for the ones in AB, but apparently that isn't true at all.

2) Niagara-on-the-Lake has a cute little cafe called The Irish Tea Room. Almost everything they have there is gluten-free. We ate their twice, and both times had ham & cheese quiche with lentil salad and broccoli salad. Their desserts are also gluten-free, but we did not have any room. I would definitely go back again. The food was excellent and the servers were very well-informed.

Just thought I would share!

I got tea and a treat (tea biscuits) at that tea house a few years before gluten-free. Don't know if it was gluten-free then. I wouldn't have cared. It was cold and the boys went for ice cream!

"We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English."

Winston Churchill

May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you’re dead. 

music-on-st-patricks-day-smiley-emoticon

Chiana

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:33 AM

There is a little restaurant called Savoury and Sweet that I would highly recommend to anyone travelling in the area. They can make anything on their menu gluten-free, and are very knowledgeable. They can also direct you to a completely gluten-free bakery up the street that makes their bread-crumbs. I picked up a loaf of sour-dough bread, grasshopper cookies, and several dozen pierogies. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: