Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Celiac disease requires reduced work schedule, actress Jennifer Esposito ... - ABC7Chicago.com

• Please log in to reply

6 replies to this topic

#1 admin

admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,480 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

ABC7Chicago.com

Celiac disease requires reduced work schedule, actress Jennifer Esposito ...
ABC7Chicago.com
This image released by CBS shows actress Jennifer Esposito, center, with co-star Donnie Wahlberg, in a scene from "Blue Bloods." Esposito is blasting CBS for sidelining her from the show. In Twitter postings, the actress has accused CBS of "absolutely ...
Jennifer Esposito's 140-character fight against gluten Salon
Celiac Disease Plagues 'Blue Bloods' Actress (And 1% of Americans) International Business Times
'Blue Bloods': Jennifer Esposito claims celiac disease got her axed Examiner.com
Mother Nature Network (blog)  - Newsday  - VOXXI
all 258 news articles »

View the full article
Scott Adams
Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator
Founder Gluten-Free Mall
Founder Celiac.com

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

This poor woman is getting her ass kicked and celiacs everywhere should be blasting CBS with emails.

"CBS cares"? No, they don't.

We are not hearing the whole story here. I only know it because I read the Gluten Dude's blog and he met with JE on Saturday.

This is BS. She agreed to a part time role while she heals and her part grew as her character became more popular. She tried to keep up, but it was too much and she collapsed from fatigue on the set. Her doc said she needs a reduced work load, but they will not accommodate her.

They claim she is "doing this for more money". No, she isn't.

So they are writing her character out ---and she's been blocked from working elsewhere.

Does this seem fair?

Nope.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3 beachbirdie

beachbirdie

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

This poor woman is getting her ass kicked and celiacs everywhere should be blasting CBS with emails.

"CBS cares"? No, they don't.

We are not hearing the whole story here. I only know it because I read the Gluten Dude's blog and he met with JE on Saturday.

This is BS. She agreed to a part time role while she heals and her part grew as her character became more popular. She tried to keep up, but it was too much and she collapsed from fatigue on the set. Her doc said she needs a reduced work load, but they will not accommodate her.

They claim she is "doing this for more money". No, she isn't.

So they are writing her character out ---and she's been blocked from working elsewhere.

Does this seem fair?

Nope.

I'm so disturbed by this! We love Blue Bloods and we love Jennifer's work on that show!

Seems like she would have grounds for a claim under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
1999 - Hypothyroid
2003 - Hashimoto's Disease
2008 - Diverticulitis
2009 - Significant Vit D Deficiency
2011 - Diverticulitis again
2011 - HLA-DQ2.2
2012 - TtG IgG positive... I am now, finally, Gluten Free - 5/16/2012

#4 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

I stopped watching it a few weeks ago. Just curious.....How did they "explain" Jackie's absence?

The thing is, she just wants to work, but they have her tied up in a contract dispute now.

The whole thing is just wrong, IMHO but more disturbing were the comments from fellow celiacs
suggesting she should be able to work because "they do without any problems". Lucky them.
To them, I say....if you know anything about this disease, you should know some people suffer more long term health
problems and they do not always rebound quickly.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#5 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

I stopped watching it a few weeks ago. Just curious.....How did they "explain" Jackie's absence?

In an extremely awkward scene between Jackie and Danny. Jennifer was looking down and mumbled something about needing personal time and Donnie was stiff - very awkward compared to their normal chemistry. Her first female replacement was on the same episode - CBS goofed big time on this one - both with the unjust treatment of Jennifer and for the chemistry of the show. I removed it from my DVR after her last scene.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#6 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

In an extremely awkward scene between Jackie and Danny. Jennifer was looking down and mumbled something about needing personal time and Donnie was stiff - very awkward compared to their normal chemistry. Her first female replacement was on the same episode - CBS goofed big time on this one - both with the unjust treatment of Jennifer and for the chemistry of the show. I removed it from my DVR after her last scene.

They messed up; they let go of the only actor who isn't "wooden" in her delivery or overly dramatic with a constant scowl on her face and lacking in personality.

Really--every one of them always looks pissed off.

She balanced Danny's explosive, "I must be perpetually right" character.

And for pete's sake---Bridget Moynahan---get a hairdo! You''re a former model and your hair looks flat and unkempt--- like you just rolled out of bed.

grumble grumble... :lol:

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#7 beachbirdie

beachbirdie

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

I haven't seen her last scene yet. I have been behind and watching online.
1999 - Hypothyroid
2003 - Hashimoto's Disease
2008 - Diverticulitis
2009 - Significant Vit D Deficiency
2011 - Diverticulitis again
2011 - HLA-DQ2.2
2012 - TtG IgG positive... I am now, finally, Gluten Free - 5/16/2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: