Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Did I Eat Gluten?

6 posts in this topic

Had to work late, so DH pulled something from freezer (we OAMC) from a few months ago to go with my rice. He said it was safe. While eating it, I asked are you sure (tummy felt different, not sick just not well). He said yes, it's just homemade mamwich. Now I'm bloated, general feeling of unwell, headache and sort of feel like going to have D.

So do I need to serve everyone else the freezer stuff, throw it all away or what.

Seeing at least a freezer reorganize in the future.

Ads by Google:

This is why i mark everything with a sharpie before freezing it.

You should probably not have anything you froze before understanding cross contamination issues.

I agree - I wouldn't risk it.

I'd make one or more shelves of the freeze - "Before gluten-free" and let the gluten eaters use it up.

I still have pre-gluten free stuff in the freezer. I mark it carefully if I put in something that I can eat. MOM YES< Gluten free. Now I have grain free besides.

Someday when I have energy, I will clean out the freezer in the hall!

Hoping I can organize the freezer Friday and do some gluten free OAMC, assuming the auditors are gone from work by then.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Newly diagnosed and totally overwhelmed
      Welcome! Go ahead and rant!  Scream and holler!  Weep.  It is totally normal to go through a grieving process.  We have all been there!  You are NOT alone! When you pick yourself off the floor, start researching.  Learn about the gluten free diet.  Start with easy-to-digest foods that are naturally gluten free (meat, fish, veggies, fruit, etc.).  You may have to give up dairy for a short time until your villi heal (the villi tips release enzymes that help digest lactose (milk sugars).  Skip all the processed foods until you are improving.  That will give yourself time to forget what bread really tastes like.  Avoid eating out for a few months -- it's easy to get cross contamination.  Best to explain your gluten-free needs when you, yourself, "get it".  Read our Newbie 101 thread under "Coping" for valuable tips.   You can go out and drink with your friends.  You might have to avoid alcohol for a few months.  But when healed you can drink!  Just no beers, malted beverages.  Most distilled liquor (e.g. volka) is gluten free.   So, is wine.  Skip the gluten free beer for a long time.   Find other celiacs in your area.  In the meantime, visit with us.  It does get better.        
    • amalgam dental fillings - remove or not?
      Hi everyone, I'm going through some health issues right now and when searching for possible causes of my symptoms and blood test results, I see lead poissoning popping up quite a few times. Now, I have many amalgam fillings in my mouth since childhood, so naturally I'm thinking if that might play a role and if removing them would make a difference. But from what I read online removing the amalgam fillings is not recommended and does not bring any health benefits. I have mixed feelings about this issue and would really appreciate some advice. Thanks in advance for any comments. Greetings from Mexico. :-)
    • food allergies
      Welcome!   If you suspect you might have an issue with gluten, you should really get tested for celiac disease.  At least rule it out before you go gluten free.  Why?  There are so many other health issues that can be related to celiac disease.  Here's some information about getting an easy blood test: http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/screening/ If you suspect allergies (reference your edema), I would see an allergist too.   I wish you well! 
    • Newly diagnosed and totally overwhelmed
      so i was just recently diagnosed with Celiac disease and I am having trouble wrapping my head around it.... While i know that maintaining a gluten free diet is going to help me feel better - i can't get over the fact that i cannot eat my favorite foods anymore.. no more pizza, no more pasta, no more wheat thins.......... yes i realize there are gluten free versions of all of these but it's obviously just not the same.  I can't just go out and grab a couple drinks at the bar with my friends anymore..... i really do not know how to handle this and it's already wearing me down.  I feel like after living for 28 years my entire life has flipped upside down and everything is going to change... i'm sorry for sounding like such a lost puppy but i just wanted to vent a little bit and see how you all deal with this... i told my friends about it and they act like it is so not a big deal at all but to me it feels like my world has come crashing down 
    • puffiness in face
      Would hot yoga help the puffiness in face due to other food sensitivities? or Asuanas? How to determine if you have a histamine intolerance or other food sensitivities? 
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• celiac sharon  »  cyclinglady

Hello cycling lady, have you noticed my picture is showing up as you?  Have no idea why but it's rather disconcerting to see my picture and your words 😉  Do you know how to fix it?  You seem to have far more experience with this board than I do
      · 1 reply
    • Larry Gessner  »  cyclinglady

Hi There, I don't know if there is a place for videos in the forum. I just watched "The Truth About Gluten" I think it is a good video. I would like to share it somewhere but don't know where it should go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Here is the link if you have never watched it.
      https://youtu.be/IU6jVEwpjnE Thank You,
      Larry
      · 2 replies
    • ChiaChick  »  Peaceflower

Hi Peaceflower, Just wanted to say thank you for the chat.
      · 0 replies
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Acomys