#1 Krystal K.

Krystal K.

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

Hello,
I'm just wondering if anyone of you have experienced this before...I've been gluten free for almost a year and just recently noticed my hair growing in a different color...I have Dark brown hair, and the past weeks I kept thinking my hair was greying (im 25 year old female) ...and now that it is a little longer I can see it is not grey but blonde I pulled one piece out to really try and see the difference between my ends and my roots and it has a slight red tone to it... no swimming in pools, same shampoo and conditioner, I don't use dyes..is this something that happens with celiacs? Not sure if its norm. or something I have to get checked out.
Krystal
feels good to be free

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

I used to have really thin flat hair. My hair had been wavy since high school, but is going back to flat. I have noticed a color change, but I think mine is gray. Maybe I will find out different one day. Still, it is thicker, smoother, less tangly then ever.

#3 Krystal K.

Krystal K.

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

mine used to fall out a lot ..i was told that was due to malnutrition and that has been a lot better! it just seems strange I tried to read about it online and people say mostly if you are pregnant it can change..so now im thinking maybe its hormonal and not so much celiac...but then I go back to remembering that my cycle was off before and just regulating this past year so maybe hormones are finally evening out..ugh its not a huge deal but if I start having reddish-blonde light hair instead of my dark brown its kinda freaky and proly end up seeing a dr. anyways
feels good to be free

#4 mommida

mommida

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:47 AM

Vitamin defiency (B12) may be a cause of premature greying.

Your diagnoses and healing may have saved you from premature greying. Do you have any idea of when your family members went grey? (if ever).
Michigan

#5 Invictus

Invictus

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:21 AM

Krystal K. --

As unsupportive the following statement may seem - It's refreshing to hear of someone battling the same issues; mainly due to the fact that I can relate to you.

I am 29 years old and have been dealing with hair color change - as one of the myriad of celiac symptoms. I noticed a change in the tint of my facial hair color 5 years ago. I have dark brown hair normally however one day I

#6 Invictus

Invictus

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:28 AM

noticed my hair having and orangish-redish tint to it - mainly in the sunlight. Over the course of a few years, my hair has become a brighter orange-red color. Initially, I attributed this to my minuscule amount of Scottish ancestry.

My hair has also been falling out; my nicely manscaped chesthair was turning grey at the tips. :/ No bueno

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: