2 replies to this topic

#1 Razzle Dazzle Brazell

Razzle Dazzle Brazell

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:45 AM

I have been a little absent from the forum for a while but I thought I would let people know what has been going on. Maybe this will encourage someone. I was getting desperate there for a while. I lost so much weight that my family members started saying I looked frail. I could not eat any foods in the moderate salicylate content category. I was extremely dairy intolerant. I couldnt drink out of plastics or eat anything moist that had been in many plastics without my throat swelling and losing my voice. Nevertheless I hung in there and ate that bland diet and started forcing myself to drink plenty of water out of a stainless steel container bought that does not contain a plastic lining. Drinking two liters of filtered water a day I found that my salicylate and acid sensitivites were going away. I can now eat many spices and I tolerate it well. I am not as sensitive to plastics as I was and can even use regular toothpaste instead of baking soda now.

Not everything is perfect though. I find that if I go too much on the side of carbs and sugars I still bloat up. I do not eat red meat that often. Honestly I do not miss it as it is much harder to digest and I have become accustomed to not having a heavy abdomen anymore. I still do not tolerate corn syrup at all and my body does tolerates only occasional and small amounts of corn starch before my lips and tongue go numb and start burning. Corn Syrup gives me extreme brain fog still and I even stutter if I get fructose comatosed by something I ate because they changed the ingredients and put high fructose corn syrup in it. I am still considering getting a test done for potential candida as I have noticed that I seem to thrive on a mostly low carb diet with lean meats and veggies.

All in all, I cannot complain. I feel very blessed that the biggest diet restriction is behind me now and it did not take a year for that to happen. Hello flavor! It is good to be able to love food again.
Gluten and Oat Free 6/'12
Dairy, Corn and Yeast free 7/'12
Nightshade Free, Candida diet & low salicylates 8/'12
Nightshades and carbs and sugars limitedly reintroduced, most salicylates now tolerated 9/'12
No longer Reacting to yeasty breads 10/'12
Test confirmed yeast overgrowth, back on Candida diet 11/'12

You only get one life so make it count.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:19 AM

Thanks for the hope! I was wondering where Razzle Dazzle was.

Diana

#3 Razzle Dazzle Brazell

Razzle Dazzle Brazell

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:22 AM

Lol just in time for Halloween: " I'mmm BAaack!"
Gluten and Oat Free 6/'12
Dairy, Corn and Yeast free 7/'12
Nightshade Free, Candida diet & low salicylates 8/'12
Nightshades and carbs and sugars limitedly reintroduced, most salicylates now tolerated 9/'12
No longer Reacting to yeasty breads 10/'12
Test confirmed yeast overgrowth, back on Candida diet 11/'12

You only get one life so make it count.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: