Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:13 AM
I am back in my regular jeans, it feels soooooo GOOD!
Not only that, but I went to urgent care for a sore throat and cough that just won't quit, and when they did my blood pressure I was a full 10 points lower on both systolic and diastolic than I've been in YEARS!!!
This primal/paleo eating is CRAZY GOOD!
2003 - Hashimoto's Disease
2008 - Diverticulitis
2009 - Significant Vit D Deficiency
2011 - Diverticulitis again
2011 - HLA-DQ2.2
2012 - TtG IgG positive... I am now, finally, Gluten Free - 5/16/2012
Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:23 AM
Thanks for sharing
Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years
3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive
10/25/13 - MCAD
Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile
My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free
Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS
Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.
ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.
"LTES" a Gem
Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:45 AM
"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"
"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou
"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev
Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:18 PM
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein
Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:45 AM
This is encouraging news.
I have gone paleo (again) myself (EatMeat4Good will be thrilled to hear this)
to see if I can get this painful inflammation under control.
I am told I can by other paleos/primals, so I am willing to give it a shot once more.
I have tried it before, but reverted to eating rice
because I felt as if I "needed" it for blood sugar stabilization.
More reading on the topic tells me otherwise.
Thanks for posting, Birdie!!
(and if my jeans get loose, then yeehaw!!)
"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy
"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington
“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport
"Do or do not. There is no try. "- Yoda.
"LTES" Gem 2014
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users