1 reply to this topic

#1 annissarae

annissarae

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:19 AM

I frequent the Jimmy John's in Rochester, Minnesota often for the safety and convenience. I haven't been to other Jimmy John's since discovering I have Celiac Disease as I'm afraid to find out that the other locations are not as diligent. Has anyone else had a good experience with Jimmy John's?

A few tips:

When ordering I say, "Gluten Free Unwhich" the the number of sandwich I want. (Note: The roast beef and tuna are NOT gluten free)

The line workers all say, "Gluten Free" and they change their gloves and take paper from the middle of the stacked sandwich wrapping paper (to avoid any possible crumbs) and handle the gluten-free Unwhich properly through the line. It's amazing how they all know the proper techniques to avoid cross-contamination.

NOTE: Pickles are not gluten free unless taken from a new bin of pickles (learned the hard way) the contaminated gloves grab the pickles and even if new gloves are put on, the pickle has been sitting in contaminated juice.

The Mayo is not gluten-free as it has been cross contaminated. They will give mayo packets in its place.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ndw3363

ndw3363

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:33 AM

Glad to hear that the one you go to seems to go out of their way to accomodate! I do have a question though - since there is no information on their website, how do you know that the roast beef and tuna are both NOT gluten-free? Just curious! :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: