Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

New Format And Nonsecure Log In

6 posts in this topic

Okay I will admit I am not one who likes change. One of my favorite things was being able to go to the bottom of a post or thread and there was a pull down menu to pick where to go next. This morning I log in and it is gone. In addition I fould that when logging in I was not logging in securely. Is everyone seeing this or is it just me?

Ads by Google:

I noticed the new look, after I visited the site yesterday and it was still down after about 3 hours (according to the message) What I've been doing is selecting the option to read new messages, and it took me a little hunting to find that. It defaulted to showing the unread posts, but I found 'new since last visit' on the left and selected that.

One thing I do miss about that option is that it doesn't give me a total number of new messages since last visit. It's going to take a bit to learn the new navigation, overall though I like it, I think. B)

Edit: Hey, I just found your drop-down box! It's on the top, to the right of the option to 'view new content' -- it looks like some sort of symbol, but the 'tooltip' said 'open quick navigation' and when I clicked it, there was a drop-down of the various forums. Maybe not as handy as having it at the bottom of the page, but it's there...

Edited by ciamarie

This morning I log in and it is gone. In addition I fould that when logging in I was not logging in securely. Is everyone seeing this or is it just me?

Are you seeing your screen name on the list of online members with an * ?

If you have an * next to your name you remain unseen by others.

This is what I see now, that I did not before:

GottaSki*

Thanks Ciamarie, I found it.

Lisa, I don't see the asterisk. Maybe you are signed in anonomosly (sp) or maybe it is for moderators?

Lisa, I don't see the asterisk. Maybe you are signed in anonomosly (sp) or maybe it is for moderators?

My index page is too wide for the screen (no I haven't changed the settings, all other forums are fine) but as soon as I select a tropic the display automatically centres.

I had to scroll right slightly to find view new posts (now at the top of the screen, previously it was under the adverts).

I'm all for change, but can the screen display width be resolved ??