5 replies to this topic

#1 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,793 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:30 AM

Okay I will admit I am not one who likes change. One of my favorite things was being able to go to the bottom of a post or thread and there was a pull down menu to pick where to go next. This morning I log in and it is gone. In addition I fould that when logging in I was not logging in securely. Is everyone seeing this or is it just me?
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ciamarie

ciamarie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:30 AM

I noticed the new look, after I visited the site yesterday and it was still down after about 3 hours (according to the message) What I've been doing is selecting the option to read new messages, and it took me a little hunting to find that. It defaulted to showing the unread posts, but I found 'new since last visit' on the left and selected that.

One thing I do miss about that option is that it doesn't give me a total number of new messages since last visit. It's going to take a bit to learn the new navigation, overall though I like it, I think. B)

Edit: Hey, I just found your drop-down box! It's on the top, to the right of the option to 'view new content' -- it looks like some sort of symbol, but the 'tooltip' said 'open quick navigation' and when I clicked it, there was a drop-down of the various forums. Maybe not as handy as having it at the bottom of the page, but it's there...

Edited by ciamarie, 27 October 2012 - 09:33 AM.

Gluten-free since the end of October 2011

#3 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

This morning I log in and it is gone. In addition I fould that when logging in I was not logging in securely. Is everyone seeing this or is it just me?

Are you seeing your screen name on the list of online members with an * ?

If you have an * next to your name you remain unseen by others.

This is what I see now, that I did not before:

GottaSki*

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#4 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,793 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:36 AM

Thanks Ciamarie, I found it.
Lisa, I don't see the asterisk. Maybe you are signed in anonomosly (sp) or maybe it is for moderators?
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#5 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

Lisa, I don't see the asterisk. Maybe you are signed in anonomosly (sp) or maybe it is for moderators?

Oh...I thought you were talking about being signed in anonomously (sp - i think - yep I miss spell check and have asked for it to be returned if possible).

Guess I don't understand your question about logging in securely.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#6 irish daveyboy

irish daveyboy

The Irish Coeliac

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

My index page is too wide for the screen (no I haven't changed the settings, all other forums are fine) but as soon as I select a tropic the display automatically centres.

I had to scroll right slightly to find view new posts (now at the top of the screen, previously it was under the adverts).

I'm all for change, but can the screen display width be resolved ??
Chronically Ill and lost 56lbs in 3 Months Prior to Diagnosis.
Diagnosed in Nov 2005 after Biopsy and Blood Tests
Cannot tolerate Codex Wheat Starch.
Self Taught Baker.
Bake everything from scratch using naturally gluten-free ingredients.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: