Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten Free Wheat And Dairy Free Bread Receipe

17 posts in this topic

Hiya everyone

Hope your all well as can be . I've bought a bread maker ( morthy Richards ) as the gluten free button . Had three attempts and failed . I'cant use dairy so I used coconut milk instead that fails . Try water and it was worse wasn't able to eat it .

My ingredients are

White bread flour blend 450g

350mg water

6ts oil

1 tbs salt

2t s. yeast

One spoon veinger

.failed with water

The first loaf I made was with coconut milk . It was thick and heavy like a brick .

Please can anyone help me xxx

Ads by Google:

Hi Tany, and welcome to the board.

What flour mix are you using in your bread?

Hiya

Thank u

Using morrisons . It's called doves farm gluten and wheat white bread flour blend

I am assuming youmissed out the "free" part in the title. :) It says is is made from tapioca, rice and potato starch which is a prettty standard blend. I have never used a gluten free bread make so am not much help. I hope someone who uses one will come on and offer some suggestions.

Yeah I did lol .

What flour do you use ?

I hope so thanks for your reply

Tany, did your recipe come with the bread machine? A lot of the recipes I've used also call for eggs (or an egg replacement).

Hiya

I bought the bread maker especially for gluten free option on the machine . Had book with it but not for gluten free bread lol

Any ideas ?

Hiya

I bought the bread maker especially for gluten free option on the machine . Had book with it but not for gluten free bread lol

Any ideas ?

You really need to use a recipe created especially for gluten-free bread...bread is one of those things that's not simple to convert just using a regular gluteny recipe.

It's a night mare . Have u got recipe by any chance ?

The recipes I have don't use a bread machine, and I've not had very good experiences trying to make a yeast bread with gluten-free ingredients. However, looking at your recipe I would suggest that 6 Tablespoons of oil is about 4 Tablespoons too many (i.e. use only 1 or 2 Tbs instead). And as Sylvia mentioned, a couple of eggs might be a good idea. What you could do is search in the box at the top of the forum page for something like 'bread machine recipe' and I'm sure you'll get several hits. See which one(s) look good.

Edit: You know, I just looked again and it looks like you have 6 ts (teaspoons) of oil, which would be the same as 2 Tablespoons. So never mind my comment about that. :unsure:

Thanks very much for your help its much appreciated xxx

Tany, are there any recipes on your package of flour? I've never used a bread machine and am still fiddling around looking for that *perfect* gluten-free bread recipe. It's elusive.

if i remember right, the only difference between a bread machine and not using one is that it does all the hard work for you (mixing, raising if it has yeast, etc).

Here is a recipe from allrecipes.com:

Gluten-Free White Bread for Bread Machines

714596.jpg

Rated: 4.5.gif

Submitted By: Aaron Atkinson

Photo By: GardenGal00

Servings: 12

"A basic white bread recipe without the gluten. Easily made in your bread machine! Xanthan gum and the exotic flours are usually easily found in your local health food store."

Ingredients:

3 eggs

1 tablespoon cider vinegar

1/4 cup olive oil

1/4 cup honey

1 1/2 cups buttermilk, at room

temperature

1 teaspoon salt

1 tablespoon xanthan gum

1/3 cup cornstarch

1/2 cup potato starch

1/2 cup soy flour

2 cups white rice flour

1 tablespoon active dry yeast

Directions: 1. Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. 2. Select the sweet dough cycle. Five minutes into the cycle, check the consistency of the dough. Add additional rice flour or liquid if necessary. 3.

When bread is finished, let cool for 10 to 15 minutes before removing from pan.

In this case I would select the gluten free cycle. :)

Thank you so much everyone

Got the recipe on the back of the flour to follow . But as I'm dairy intolerant as well I used coconut milk instead .

Shall I use water ?

Thanks for recipe xx

Bread machine does it all for u if I can get it right lol

Tany, here's a list of substitutions from Living Without magazine that you might find helpful . http://www.livingwit...stitutions.html Let us know how your bread turns out.

Thanks very much. Your my angel xx

Let u know how I get on with my bread . Fingers crossed xxx