Celiac.com Sponsor:

#77 ButterflyChaser

ButterflyChaser

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

Hi, I would like to make my information on the profile private (like my address and phone number). I see that most members have it hidden, and it would be nice if I could do that, too, but I couldn't find a "privacy" button. Any ideas?
Hashimoto's thyroiditis and Grave's disease (2011). It must have been a Black Friday.
Intestinal dysbiosis. Suspected damage to my vili (2012). NCGS according to my dermatologist upon seeing my post-wheat rash.

Gluten-free. Sept 2012.
Canola, almonds, soy = evil.

Grain-free, legume-free. December 2012.
No peanuts and tree nuts. February 2013.
Erb-Duchenne palsy from birth trauma.

My body is trying to kill me.

#78 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

Hi, I would like to make my information on the profile private (like my address and phone number). I see that most members have it hidden, and it would be nice if I could do that, too, but I couldn't find a "privacy" button. Any ideas?

It is private-- only you can see it.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#79 icm

icm

Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

I can no longer email messages to myself. Personally I don't like the new layout as much as the one I saw a few months ago.

#80 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

I can no longer email messages to myself. Personally I don't like the new layout as much as the one I saw a few months ago.

The ability to email an archival copy of a Personal Conversation to yourself does indeed seem to have disappeared. I do not know if that is intentional or not.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#81 ButterflyChaser

ButterflyChaser

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

Thanks! <3
Hashimoto's thyroiditis and Grave's disease (2011). It must have been a Black Friday.
Intestinal dysbiosis. Suspected damage to my vili (2012). NCGS according to my dermatologist upon seeing my post-wheat rash.

Gluten-free. Sept 2012.
Canola, almonds, soy = evil.

Grain-free, legume-free. December 2012.
No peanuts and tree nuts. February 2013.
Erb-Duchenne palsy from birth trauma.

My body is trying to kill me.

#82 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:16 AM

It is still there, but it is harder to find. Scroll down to the last entry, and look underneath it on the right, above the Fast Reply box. You will see the clickable words "Archive Conversation."
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

#83 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:19 AM

I noticed that you can now see who is following a topic, or maybe I missed it before. This is a privacy issue for me. Anyone else?

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

gingerbread-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

#84 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:30 AM

I noticed that you can now see who is following a topic, or maybe I missed it before. This is a privacy issue for me. Anyone else?

I never follow topics so I just looked. I chose a notification if someone "quotes me". That notifies me if someone responded to me (as long as they quoted me).

I'm not sure it would bother me for people to know I was "following" a topic. If someone has already posted in the topic, I would assume they were checking back, if not officially "following". Not sure what purpose it serves to have the list of people "following" in this setting.

Because Scott is following this topic, he should see our comments. ;)

You should be able to unfollow.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#85 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

You can choose to follow anonomously when you follow a thread.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#86 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

Is there a URL associated with the mobile version?

Thanks

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#87 admin

admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

Please see:
http://www.celiac.co...ne-mobile-site/
Scott Adams
Founder Gluten-Free Mall
Founder Celiac.com

#88 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

I have a question . I did not read the whole thread so I am not sure if it has been addressed again but since the up grade,, my spell check is still not working . Is it because of my server ( foxfire) , the upgrade or am I missing something ( would not be the first time :P :lol: )

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#89 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:03 AM

Yep...there are issues with spellcheck and Firefox. If you clear your cache it may help. Switching to Google Chrome is a better solution.

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#90 Kamma

Kamma

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

I'm getting this whenever I click on any thread (other than this one) in the forum:

Warning: require_once(/tmp/tmpgw4ia4) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/virtual/site2/fst/var/www/html/gluten-free/admin/sources/base/core.php on line 1212

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/virtual/site2/fst/var/www/html/gluten-free/hooks/../../../../../../../../../tmp/tmpgw4ia4' (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php:/home/virtual/site2/fst/var/www/html/gluten-free/ips_kernel/') in /home/virtual/site2/fst/var/www/html/gluten-free/admin/sources/base/core.php on line 1212

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: