7 replies to this topic

#1 Roda

Roda

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

Had my gallbladder surgery on Wednesday. Overall everything went well. I did have a vasal vagal reaction to IV morphine in recovery that caused my blood pressure to go as low as 85/31. So that kept me in recovery longer than expected. They had to wait until my BP went up to at least 100 to send me back to same day surgery. I was pretty nauseated all that day and when I got home I got sick, but felt so much better afterwards. Each day is getting easier and my incision(the only one) at my umbilicus is looking pretty good. Today I even baked some muffins and cookies.

I've been taking it easy on food and I started out on clear liquids and have been progressing from there. So far there hasn't been any problems. My mom and I made some chicken/quail soup in the pressure cooker Thursday and that really hit the spot. I still don't have much of an appetite but that's allright because I can live off my reserve. :lol:

All the nurses and staff were great and they went the extra mile to ensure everything was safe for me to take. They even had someone from the pharmacy(they have an in house Walgreens) to come up and talk with me and to fill my scrips before I went home.

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

Indeed, thats good.

I remember mine. The first thing i remember when i woke up was them rolling me on my side (?!?!?!) to check if they got all the stickies off. ow ow ow ow.

I had a lot of pain and had a hard time getting up and down the first few days, Not to mention the sholder pain. ow ow ow

#3 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

Glad you're doing well, Roda!
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#4 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

That's great Roda! Sounds like you are dogni pretty well there. Here's hoping your recovery is swift. :)
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#5 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

Glad it went so well and you are recovering nicely!
It's amazing how differently it is done now.

I had my GB out in 1985--"old school" style.
I have a zipper from my breast bone all the way down, taking a slight right around my belly button.
Old surgeon---- thought he was doing an exploratory in addition to the Cholecystectomy.

Took me weeks to recover. Ah, the "good old days" --not!

So glad you are on the mend!!!! :)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#6 Roda

Roda

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:20 AM

Thanks everyone. Still doing pretty good. I was sore last night but it might have had something to do with falling out of the desk chair. :o

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

#7 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:41 AM

Hmm, that would do it for sure! They should put seat belts on those things... :)
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#8 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:55 AM

I've been thrown by the riding lawn mower, but never a desk chair. Yowzers!

Be careful, Miss Roda, ;)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: