3 replies to this topic

#1 BushMommy

BushMommy

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

For as long as I can remember, I have had small fluid-filled blisters on the bottoms of my feet and sometimes on my fingers. They got even worse after I had my daughter back in May. Took quite awhile for me to discover that it was dyshidrotic eczema (self-diagnosed by comparing symptoms and pictures).

I've noticed lately that if I get glutened or stressed, they come back with a vengeance. Has anyone else had an issue with painfully itchy blisters deep in the soles of their feet?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 psyfic

psyfic

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Never heard of it, but I do know celiac and psoriasis go hand-in-hand. I get blister-like spots and the more typical plaques if I've been glutened. It goes on for some time, too, and is maddening, esp. on the scalp. Per my allergy dr the same psoraisis tar-lotion that you can use for the hair/scalp, can be applied to the skin elsewhere for symptomatic relief. The other thing that works for me is a mix of aloe gel and tea-tree oil. It stings at first, but then soothes the itch.

#3 Duhlina

Duhlina

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:13 AM

I've had it on my hands for as long as I can remember and, when I was younger, it was on my knees also. Since being gluten free it has all but disappeared!!! It only comes back (with a vengeance) when I've been glutened.

#4 BushMommy

BushMommy

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:54 AM

Duhlina,
Did you ever find anything that helped relieve the pain and itching while you DID have it? It's slowing going away, but I got glutened the other day and I have some bumps and they're driving me nuts. Can't walk without them being irritated and starting the down-to-the-bone itching!

Good to know that yours went away when you were gluten-free. I'm hoping that the longer I'm gluten-free, the longer it will stay away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: