Get email alerts Get E-mail Alerts Sponsor: Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE email alerts

• Announcements

• Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Store. For Additional Information: Subscribe to: Journal of Gluten Sensitivity

I've Seen A Lot Of Post From College Students ...

3 posts in this topic

I've noticed a lot of post from college students lately so I thought I'd let you all know what I did when I was in college (miss those days :().

Personally, I lost a TON of weight when I was in college, 90 pounds to be exact. I switched my diet to a "bodybuilding" style gluten-free diet and worked my A$$ off, but the results I achieved were definitely worth it. I always prepared my food for a few days to a week in advance and then loaded it into tupperware containers. Tupperware soon became my best friend, and it will become yours. Whenever I was hungry I simply heated up my container of food (or ate it cold if I could stomach it and didn't have a microwave) and ate it! All of my meals consisted of meat or eggs for protein, a leafy green vegetable, and a few meals of the day I'd add carbs in, usually Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Rolled Oats.

Here's a sample of my daily meals:

I've broke them down into macronutrients ( P = Proteins, F = Fats, C = Carbs )

Meal 1

8 Egg Whites - 32/0/0

1 Whole Egg - 6/5/0

1 Cup Oats (Bob's Red Mill) - 12/5/54

Total Macros - 50P/10F/54C

Total Cals - 506

((Post Workout))

1 Scoop Whey - 24/1/4

1/2 Cup Oats (Bob's Red Mill) - 5/3/27

Total Macros - 29P/4F/31C

Total Cals - 276

Meal 2

7.8 Oz Chicken - 51/3/0

8 Oz Sweet Potato - 4/7/45

1 Cup Broccoli - 2.5/0/6

Total Macros - 57.5P/10F/51C

Total Cals - 524

Meal 3

7 Oz Canned Tuna In Water (Chicken of the sea brand, broth is made of soybeans) - 51/2/0

1 Cup Oats (Bob's Red Mill) - 12/5/54

1 Cup Broccoli - 2.5/0/6

Total Macros - 65.5P/7F/60C

Total Cals - 565

Meal 4

7.8 Oz Chicken - 51/3/0

1 Tbsp EVOO (Olive Oil) - 0/13.5/0

1 Cup Broccoli - 2.5/0/6

Total Macros - 53.5P/16.5F/6C

Total Cals - 386.5

Meal 5

6 Oz London Broil - 60/6/0

1 Tbsp EVOO (Olive Oil) - 0/13.5/0

Total Macros - 60P/19.5F/0C

Total Cals - 415.5

Meal 6

1 Scoop CytoSport Complete Casein Protein Powder (Gluten-Free) - 24/1/3 ----- 2 Scoops on workout days - 48/2/6

2 Tbsp Natural PB - 7/16/8

Total Macros - 31P/17F/11C --- 55P/18F/14C (Workout Days)

Total Cals - 321 --- 438 (Workout Days)

Total Cals on non W/O Days -2664 - Total Of ALL Macros - 317.5P/74F/182C

Total Cals on W/O Days - 3057 - Total Of ALL Macros - 370.5P/79F/216C

I hope this can help some of you out. I know this seems like a lot, but I promise it was worth every second of my time that I put into it.

Just in case anyone says they don't believe I lost the weight here's proof ....

nice result!, iv been hitting the gym for about a year and half now made alot of progress but it seems to be . can I ask your height and weight from that meal plan? also what was your workout schedual?