#1 Heather22

Heather22

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 07:09 PM

Hi,

Has anyone tried the zucchini muffin recipe from the SCDdiet website. I just tried baking them tonight and they are SOGGY!!. The tops are brown and look crisp, but the insides are totally wet. It felt like I was eating a lump of mix from the bowl.

Any success with this recipe? I was thinking that maybe I should turn the temp down and increase cooking time....or maybe only fill the muffin cups 1-3 full.

Any suggestions?

Heather : )

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_gfinnebraska_*

Guest_gfinnebraska_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2005 - 05:27 AM

I haven't tried the recipe ~ no zucchini! They sound good though! I would turn the temp down and cook longer... soggy muffins are icky!! I usually bake muffins at 350 for around 20-25 min. I don't know what it is telling you to do, but turning the temp down sounds like the logical option. Good luck! :)

#3 shimma

shimma

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 04:01 PM

I haven't tried them - I can't seem to tolerate almond flour. I would definitely try cooking them longer at a lower temperature though. That works for my peanut butter muffins.

#4 Heather22

Heather22

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 05:05 AM

Thanks for the advice.

I actually don't think that I can tolerate anything with almonds in it too. I have noticed many times that I feel especially heavy and bloated after eating almond flour. I tried eating them once more this morning, and I feel and look like I am 5 months pregnant. My weight also went up by 6 lbs over night after eating one........heavy muffins : )
I better just stick to yogurt.

H : )

#5 BRCoats

BRCoats

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 06:17 PM

Thanks for the advice.

I actually don't think that I can tolerate anything with almonds in it too. I have noticed many times that I feel especially heavy and bloated after eating almond flour. I tried eating them once more this morning, and I feel and look like I am 5 months pregnant. My weight also went up by 6 lbs over night after eating one........heavy muffins : )
I better just stick to yogurt.

H : )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep. All those nut butters are really fattening. I can't tolerate the almond flour either. :angry: Too bad, cuz I think they're yummy!

~Brenda
~Brenda

Celiac, gastroparesis, PCOD, heart problems, pacemaker.

Diagnosed 7-12-04 via bloodwork. Never had a biopsy, doc didn't think it was necessary (said I would know just by going gluten-free).

gluten-free two weeks after diagnosis (and my last bag of Oreos). :-)

#6 jenvan

jenvan

Lynne took this picture! :)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 02:04 PM

Do you guys have issues with nuts? I've been snacking on more nuts the last few days and I've gotten gas and a little crampy, which is rare for me. I definitely think there's a correlation for moi.
~~~~~~~
Jen
Indianapolis, IN

gluten-free since Feb 2005
dairy-free

#7 PreOptMegs

PreOptMegs

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 07:36 AM

When on SCD, i noticed that as well. Raisins and really fibrous things would get me gassy, so I just would stick to a "simpler" diet for a few days (example of chicken breast, really cooked carrots, green beans and homemade applesauce). once I got a yogurt maker, I noticed the improvement and my body could handle all of these foods without being gassy, so I used that as my baseline for intestional improvement if that makes sense!
I LOVE JESUS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: