#1 AnnJay

AnnJay

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

Hi all,

It seems that once going gluten-free many of us find other problems arise. The above list (gluten-free, dairy, soy, corn, and nightshade free) seems to be a common one, along with totally grain free. Can we start a thread of recipes and meal suggestions that follow these restrictions?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 AnnJay

AnnJay

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

One of my regular meals is to make chicken soup with carrots, celery, onion (mirepoix) and sometimes ginger, lemongrass, leeks, turnips, or whatever additions. The next day I make homemade mayo for chicken salad. The broth and veggies I put in the vitamixer with some other cooked veggies for a thick soup. Roast sugar baby pumpkin has been a favorite flavor of late, but adding any cooked veggie will do.

Since discovering Paleo recipes, I found a crock pot meal with pork tenderloin and butternut squash, spiced with garam masala. It was pretty good, and with enough cooking time the squash disintegrates into a sauce. I've been adding bacon and an egg to the leftover stew to call it breakfast. Yummy breakfast! I found the recipe on everyday paleo.com but others may have it as well.

This week we also had meatloaf (no breadcrumbs, no tomatoes) with sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts. Tonight was fish with spaghetti squash and spinach. Tomorrow I will be roasting carrots to make a replacement tomato sauce to serve over meatballs, maybe with some brown rice pasta. I also plan to cook a crock pot pulled pork flavored with apple cider vinegar and honey, but haven't decided on sides yet. After some shopping bigos (Polish hunters stew) will be on the menu, but without tomatoes and I have to find some sausage without ingredients from The List.

I'm looking forward to hearing your meal suggestions!

#3 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

I think you just did...many folks post in the what's for lunch and dinner threads - it would be great for those of us with multiple intolerances to have a thread as well.

Tonight I had:
Roast Beef
Roasted Asparagus
*Spaghetti Squash with Cilantro/Almond/Garlic Pesto - I can't use pinenuts or walnuts for pesto

*Family had gluten-free pasta with pesto - picky son had splash of pasta sauce straight from a jar in the frig on his ;)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#4 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

Hi AnnJay-

You may want to click on the follow this topic link/button on the upper right - will make it easier to find the thread easily.

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#5 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,148 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:59 AM

I had ham and eggs for breakfast, Bob'b Red Mill gluten-free hot cereal for lunch and dinner. And mulien tea to drink and water.
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#6 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:28 AM

Eggs scrambled in pan with leftover roast beef cubes and aspargus. Lined bowl with fresh spinach - add eggs - let sit for a minute to steam the spinach - mix add salt and pepper.

And Jack-o-lanterns currently rotating thru the oven - smells great here :)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#7 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,148 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

Ham and beans today. Put in some mushrooms and onion also. More mullein tea.
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#8 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

Special birthday dinner tonight for one of my teens:

BBQ Baby Back-ribs
Gluten Free Hawaiian Pizza
Grilled Pineapple
Brownie Cake topped with a layer of mint confection and topped with chocolate frosting - think girl scout thin mints on steroids :)

For me: Ribs - sans sauce; spinach salad and chocolate dessert -- I currently eat very few sweets, for special occasions I make the following so everyone doesn't feel bad for me: heated coconut oil, almond butter, agave and cocoa whisked well then sets up firmly in custard cups in the frig for firm mousse type or freeze for ice cream replacement.

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#9 AnnJay

AnnJay

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

Breakfast: ground beef, leeks, spinach, eggs. Discovered we are out of onions. Horrors!

Lunch: paleo pumpkin muffins

Dinner: roast chicken and carrots

I roasted carrots for a pasta sauce to eat tomorrow with homemade meatballs. I'm trying a tomato substitute for the first time. Kids will eat regular pasta with tomato sauce, I get brown rice pasta with carrot sauce. I froze some extra meatballs and sauce for later use. And I need to make some mayo for chicken salad.

#10 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

I discovered yesterday I was out of butter (horror!) so I made fried apples with just
a spoonful of honey, and am eating that with leftover roasted chicken now. Cold
fried apples are DELICIOUS!
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#11 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

I discovered yesterday I was out of butter (horror!) so I made fried apples with just
a spoonful of honey, and am eating that with leftover roasted chicken now. Cold
fried apples are DELICIOUS!

Yum - I just decided what's for lunch with my left over baby backs :)

Yep....yummy - thanks Bunnie!

Edited by GottaSki, 02 November 2012 - 11:31 AM.

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#12 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

Beef stew for supper here tonight. Tomorrow chop suey. If you're grain free..don't make rice with it.

#13 AnnJay

AnnJay

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

Would you share your chop suey sauce recipe? I haven't eaten Chinese food for months, since avoiding corn starch and soy sauce.

#14 AnnJay

AnnJay

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

Breakfast: spaghetti squash with ground beef

Lunch: chicken, homemade mayo, sautéed mixed veggies

Dinner: TBD but I think meatloaf with a pureed carrot sauce. Maybe some rice noodles.

Plan to boil the roast chicken carcass to make some stock to flavor some beans.

#15 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

Steak
Steamed Broccoli
Spaghetti Squash with cilantro pesto

Highlight today was apples -- first fried with a touch of cinnamon for lunch and then used my new dehydrator to dry apple slices - they were crunchy :rolleyes: I cannot tell you how much I have missed crunchy snacks this past year.

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: