83 replies to this topic

#31 AnnJay

AnnJay

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

Yesterday I made pizza! The almond-coconut-egg crust covered with a garlic sauce and topped with artichokes and mushrooms was delicious! I did include a bit of grated mozzarella cheese, as I can have a bit of dairy now and again without the rash appearing. I just ate some again for breakfast. YUM!

The kids ate regular cheese pizza with tomato sauce. It looked delicious.

Tonight I'll be cooking chicken soup with some pastina for the kids.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 missy'smom

missy'smom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

Great thread, I will have to come back and contribute! for tonight I am off to an event/dinner which I am being accommodated at but I made these brownies which are waiting for me when I get home since I have to skip the ones provided. http://freeeatsfood....01/11/brownies/ I use my own special flour blend free of potato and tapioca starch because of other allergies.
Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11
Son: ADHD '06,
neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07
ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08
ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08
Gluten-free-Feb. '09
other food allergies

#33 AnnJay

AnnJay

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

Oh I almost forgot to post about another discovery. It's so easy and tasty! Pork tenderloin cubed in the crock pot with apples, oranges, garlic, some coconut flakes, raisins, and a scant half cup of coconut milk. Oh, and curry, lots of curry. It was soooooooo good! It tasted sweet to me, something I've been craving, but my DH did not think it was sweet. The original recipe called for chicken bouillon for flavor and then some kind of thickener to make a gravy. I just omitted both. Gluten and corn starch problem solved, haha!

Also, I found a garlic sauce, Lebanese style, that is delicious! We ate it with the chicken from the chicken soup tonight. A head of garlic, chopped, some salt, 1/2 cup lemon juice, and 1-1/2 cups of oil mixed with the immersion blender. It fluffs up like mayonnaise but is better for hot foods. And it's another sauce, another flavor profile to add to the parade of veggies with meat.

#34 missy'smom

missy'smom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:29 AM

Sorry my contributions are not always grain-free since I have nut and seed allergy and I need the few grains I have left for dietary balance but I have many grain allergies as well. Hope that it's ok to share things that are not grain-free, all my food is free of the others.

Today I had Whole Foods meat case bulk sausage as patties for my Breakfast, with part of a satumaimo-Japanese purple skinned-yellow fleshed sweet potato with a little ghee on it.

Here is a "sauce" recipe I use on fish or chicken.

Salsa Verde(not my choice of names)

1/2 c. finely chopped parsley
1/2 c. olive oil
3 Tb. capers, drained and chpped
1 Tb. lemon juice
1 tsp. fresh oregano or 1/3 dried
1 glove garlic, minced
salt to taste

Mix. Will keep 3 days in the fredge, press plastic wrap to cover the surface.
Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11
neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07
ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08
Gluten-free-Feb. '09
other food allergies

#35 missy'smom

missy'smom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

What do you all have for breakfast? as your carb/starch I am getting tired of pumpkin, cranberries and apples in things. I have a few muffin recipes that are corn, potato and tapioca-free, by alteration, originally or use very little starch compared to most. I could share if anyone wanted. I often have mufffins, but as I said, tired of the same old recipes. I also have steel cut oatmeal or leftover squash or sweet potato, occasionally a bowl of rice with some kale sprinkled on top. I don't eat eggs unless thay are an ingredient in baked goods so that makes breakfast a bit more challenging.
neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07
Gluten-free-Feb. '09
other food allergies

#36 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

I do eat eggs with fresh vegies and leftover meat most mornings - the other mornings are paleo pumpkin or apple muffins/breads made with coconut flour.

In a hurry I eat apple slices with almond butter.

When I was not yet grain free I frequently ate rice or quinoa in the morning with a bit of cinnamon and apples.

I've also heard a lot of people that can tolerate oats make oatmeal cookies with dates, nuts or raisins to keep in the freezer for quick breakfast/snack food.

Perhaps search paleo pancakes to find some recipes that should fit your restrictions.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#37 ncdave

ncdave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

For breakfast i have a banana smoothie, 1 banana 1 tabl spoon honey a little coconut milk an ice in the blender.
Bumble Bee brand very low sodium solid white albacore (in the gold can) is a good source for Gluten-free Corn-free tuna.
gluten free 12/11
dairy free 2/12
soy free 10/12
corn free 10/12
nightshade free 10/12

#38 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

Broccoli Soup - friend of mine sent me a recipe that used roux to thicken the soup - used sweet potato instead - worked great :)
Roast Chicken
Brown Rice (for my men)

Eggs removed from diet this past weekend - last high lectin food. Smoothies or meat/vegies for breakfast now too.

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#39 ncdave

ncdave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:57 AM

Flounder caught right where my sig pic was taken, cooked on the electric grill, lightly salted with non iodized salt an olive oil. Baked sweet potato. Today i"m going to try an start making my own fermented veggies. I been reading about it, an its really supossed to multiply the vitimans content.
gluten free 12/11
dairy free 2/12
soy free 10/12
corn free 10/12
nightshade free 10/12

#40 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:06 AM

Flounder caught right where my sig pic was taken, cooked on the electric grill, lightly salted with non iodized salt an olive oil. Baked sweet potato. Today i"m going to try an start making my own fermented veggies. I been reading about it, an its really supossed to multiply the vitimans content.

Hi Dave-
How did your fermenting go? I tried gaps diet awhile back and couldn't tolerate the fermented vegies required. Wondering if you were able to eat them.

Also wanted to add my Chocolate Mousse Like Substance to this thread - I've been fiddling with it for at least a month - last night was the best - yummy:

1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/3 cup cocoa
1/3 cup almond butter
1/3 cup agave
1/2 - 1 cup almond milk - still playing with this a bit
1 tsp vanilla
Blend well in blender - have not had the same results using a wisk or mixer.
Fill custard cups - refrigerate a few hours till set.

If you can't tolerate almond milk - coconut milk works too.
For these recipes I make simple almond milk with just almonds and water in blender - without the straining step used when you drink almond milk.

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#41 ncdave

ncdave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

I tried keifer with probotics twice an got sick, i then tried there coconut milk with probotics an got sick again. I"m a little hard headed, but i kept reading that i needed them!!! I"m kind of scared to try the ferminited veggies, but i will. Still have not made any or decided which kind of veggies i want to use. I do not care much for cabbage so thinking of trying something differant.
Today i"m having collard greens, sweet potatoes, an fresh pork neckbones cooked in the pressure cooker.
I"ve only been 4 weeks corn free an the differance in my life is unbelivable, I"m trying to reintroduce some foods back into my diet. So far so good. I"m just taking it slow an enjoying not being so sick.
gluten free 12/11
dairy free 2/12
soy free 10/12
corn free 10/12
nightshade free 10/12

#42 AnnJay

AnnJay

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

Nc Dave, fermented cabbage, or Kim Chee, tastes differently than straight up cabbage, IMHO. Guess you could also try sauerkraut? I haven't found any yet that is gluten, etc., free, but I also haven't looked very hard. Bigos stew, or polish hunters stew, is cooked with sauerkraut and sausage, along with mushrooms and some other things. These might be options for you?

For Thanksgiving I made two paleo pumpkin pies. One with a walnut crust, one with mixed nuts. Both were good and I was happy to be able to eat dessert! The custard was made with fresh roast pumpkin, coconut milk, and honey.

For breakfast lately, I've been eating lots of vegetables, sometimes with an egg, sometimes with bacon, or other meat, always Carmelized a bit.

Tonight for dinner we had a pork stew cooked in the crock pot, made with apples, oranges, garlic, onion, curry, raisins, and cubed pork tenderloin. I served it atop quinoa and sautéed asparagus for a side. I LOVE this stew! It is both sweet and savory, and really tasty on a cool weather day.

#43 dreacakes

dreacakes

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

I have tons of recipes on my pintrest page... but the admins will probably ding me if I post the link, so PM me if you want it!
Here are my favs:

Coconut pizza crust:
http://cavemanstrong...eo-pizza-crust/

Zuchinni Noodles:
http://www.againstal...cchini-noodles/

And of course I eat lots of bone broth... the food of the gods! lol
I made an amazing sweet potato, cauliflower, onion, cabbage, grassfed beef stew w/ bone broth last night for dinner.

I also just got some beets to make this drink:
http://thecoconutmam.../12/beet-kvass/

Has anyone tried it?
Debilitating tendonitis in both arms in 2003, at age 23, declared "permanent and stationary" by workman's comp doctors.
Fibromyalgia diagnosis in 2010.
Mild hyperthyroidism diagnosis 2011.
Disc Degeneration diagnosis 2012.
Life long battle with hypoglycemia.
Gluten Free since 2010. On Paleo-type diet since May 2011.
Suffered years of brain fog, back spasms, nausea, and recurring connective tissue pain and injuries. After years of misdiagnosis, I did my own elimination diet and discovered a severe reaction to wheat gluten and casein. After going on a grain free, nightshade free, Paleo-ish diet, my symptoms are nearly gone, and I FINALLY KICKED THE BRAIN FOG!
Cheers to health! <3

#44 Skittles

Skittles

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

I haven't even read any of these posts yet but I just want to say what I good idea this was to make this post! Thank you :)

Hi all,

It seems that once going gluten-free many of us find other problems arise. The above list (gluten-free, dairy, soy, corn, and nightshade free) seems to be a common one, along with totally grain free. Can we start a thread of recipes and meal suggestions that follow these restrictions?

Diagnosed with celiac by blood test in the beginning of April 2012 and confirmed with endoscopy April 20th 2012.
Gluten free since May 2012 (for 5 months.. relapsed for about a month and have been gluten free again since Nov 2012)
Corn & corn syrup free since May 2012
Dairy limited since Aug 2012
Nightshades limited since Aug 2012

Fructose limited since Nov 2012

#45 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

Thanks for the bump Skittles!

I've been posting in the "what's for dinner"

not sure if I shared how to make awesome vanilla "ice cream" -- have improved it and made blueberry "ice cream" last week - YUM

that and have a few more sauces I'll try to update soon :)

Can't think straight tonight....

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: