83 replies to this topic

#61 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,090 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:11 AM

Best Christmas gift I received was a mandolin to julienne zucchini into pasta type substance - just had zu-nooodles with chicken and basil almond pesto and it tastes really close to angel hair - hip hip hooray - now I've got two "noodle" options :)

They only cost about 20 at a kitchen store - might be less online - a new must if you are grain free

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#62 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

Best Christmas gift I received was a mandolin to julienne zucchini into pasta type substance - just had zu-nooodles with chicken and basil almond pesto and it tastes really close to angel hair - hip hip hooray - now I've got two "noodle" options :)

They only cost about 20 at a kitchen store - might be less online - a new must if you are grain free

I've got one of those and have been too lazy to put it together and figure out how it works-
I need to get on that!
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#63 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,090 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

I've got one of those and have been too lazy to put it together and figure out how it works-
I need to get on that!

Really easy...just watch your fingers -- I don't like the safety guide thing that came with mine -- may need to look for a more expensive one if I keep eating zu-noodles -- had two bowls today :)

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#64 AnnJay

AnnJay

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

How do you remake leftover chicken?

In warmer weather I made mayo, diced veggies and made chicken salad. I could do stir fry, I guess. What veggie combo would you use?

#65 ncdave

ncdave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:27 AM

I"d like to know how to make gluten, dairy, soy, corn free mayo. I would love to have me some chicken salad.
gluten free 12/11
dairy free 2/12
soy free 10/12
corn free 10/12
nightshade free 10/12

#66 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,090 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:21 AM

http://www.epicuriou...yonnaise-241868

Hi Dave-

Have not tried the above myself - too many can't haves -- I generally mix olive oil, cilantro or basil with a bit of garlic, salt and sugar/agave to make a safe dressing in the blender - then toss with chicken for "chicken salad"

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#67 AnnJay

AnnJay

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:55 AM

Hi Dave,

All you need is patience, oil, lemon juice OR white vinegar, a whisk, and more patience. The oil may be grape seed or olive or canola or whatever you prefer.

Separate the egg so only the yolk is in your mixing bowl. Put the egg white aside for breakfast or whatever. Add to the yolk 1Tablespoon of the acid...either lemon juice or white vinegar. Add some flavoring a like garlic powder, mustard powder, whatever. Whisk a bit.

You will eventually add 1-1/2cups of oil. But first you need patience. Add a few drops of oil and whisk until combined. Add a few more drops and whisk until combined. Repeat. Repeat until the volume of the mayo is large enough that you can add more than a few drops at a time. It is supposed to emulsify, and there you have mayonnaise! At the end you can add fresh herbs or fresh garlic for more flavor if you like.

If you go too fast with the oil and it separates, then you need to start with another egg yolk and add the failed mayo a few drops at a time. Really, it always makes me wonder how anyone ever discovered the recipe! Good luck!

#68 AnnJay

AnnJay

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

Our tapas dinner tonight consisted of: scotch egg with homemade mayo, meatballs with carrot ginger dipping sauce, sushi with sashimi grade tuna, roasted veggies, and for the gluten eaters at the table, gnocchi. It was my first attempt at scotch egg and they are good! Especially with some wasabi to spice it up. It was also my first try at coconut amines in place of soy sauce, which was alright, and certainly better than dry sushi.

Tomorrow will be chicken with leeks, kale, and bacon for lunch. For dinner, pea soup with a ham hock. I
Know the ham is gluten-free, but I do not know if it is corn and soy freehand am not sure how to find out.any advice?

#69 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

I am going to try this recipe ,,, except with olive oil

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#70 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,090 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:48 AM

http://sphotos-a.xx....220743597_n.jpg

Not sad to see 2012 in the rear view -- good health for everyone in 2013!

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#71 Skittles

Skittles

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

I made myself a cold pasta salad for lunch today. I really missed pasta because I can't put tomato based sauce on it. So today I cooked gluten free pasta (rice bran pasta). I ran it under cold water to cool it. For the sauce I used half ranch and half french dressing. I also added green pepper and cucumber but you could put any veggies in that you would like. If you can handle it, I bet a sprinkle of paramasan cheese would be good too!
Diagnosed with celiac by blood test in the beginning of April 2012 and confirmed with endoscopy April 20th 2012.
Gluten free since May 2012 (for 5 months.. relapsed for about a month and have been gluten free again since Nov 2012)
Corn & corn syrup free since May 2012
Dairy limited since Aug 2012
Nightshades limited since Aug 2012

Fructose limited since Nov 2012

#72 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,090 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

That sounds great!

I just had my carrot garlic "pasta" sauce on zu-noodles with shrimp -- not bad for a portable picnic :)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#73 ncdave

ncdave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

Hi Dave-

Have not tried the above myself - too many can't haves -- I generally mix olive oil, cilantro or basil with a bit of garlic, salt and sugar/agave to make a safe dressing in the blender - then toss with chicken for "chicken salad"

I"ll have to give this a try, just can"t do the lemon juice or egg just yet. It should do pretty good on my tuna in water also. thanks for the tip, in a few months I"ll have to give the homemade mayo a try.
gluten free 12/11
dairy free 2/12
soy free 10/12
corn free 10/12
nightshade free 10/12

#74 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

I made myself a cold pasta salad for lunch today. I really missed pasta because I can't put tomato based sauce on it. So today I cooked gluten free pasta (rice bran pasta). I ran it under cold water to cool it. For the sauce I used half ranch and half french dressing. I also added green pepper and cucumber but you could put any veggies in that you would like. If you can handle it, I bet a sprinkle of paramasan cheese would be good too!

what dressing do you use that is corn and soy free?

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#75 mdhmf3

mdhmf3

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

I have allergies to gluten, dairy ,tomatoes , potatoes. I have psoriatic arthritis . I am type 2 diabetic. I have other problems too. Finding recipes for all these things has been very hard. Help!!! Please!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: