Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Thread For gluten-free, Dairy, Soy, Corn And Nightshade Free Recipes

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#76 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

Welcome mdhmf3! :)

You came to the right place then.  This thread is the place for those recipes.  Nightshades are tomato, potato, peppers and eggplant.  So they are part of  the thread.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#77 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

Hi all :). I've been eating a Paleo like diet for a little while now. Got to lax over the holidays, and overdid it with grains and dairy, but am back on the straight and narrow.

After 8 years gluten-free, my digestive issues are pretty much gone. Unfortunately, as those waned, joint and muscle pain has become a daily problem.

I've had the feeling for a while now that nightshades might be something for me to challenge. I'm going to do without them for a couple weeks to see if it has any effect on the pain. Dairy and grain free helped at first but not for long.

I love reading all of the good food ideas compiled here :). The walnut pie crust was intreguing.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#78 AnnJay

AnnJay

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:23 PM

Hi friends, sorry I've been away for awhile. I was eating lots of Paleo recipes but the almond meal is upsetting my stomach. Blah. I can eat a little bit but too much and I am sick.

I bought some Teff flour in the hopes that I can tolerate it, but I haven't had a chance to use it yet. Any experiences / recipes to share?

I'm working on a chicken croquettes recipe as a way to both liven up chicken leftovers and for a finger food option to bring to parties. Basically, food process cooked chicken and roast veggies, then make a meatball.

Sigh. I'm tiring of these food restrictions, which lead to a lifestyle restriction. It has been a year.

#79 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

Hi AnnJay-- I forget..can you do coconut flour?  I find it works fairly well - I prefer almond flour since I got almonds back, but still do use coconut.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#80 AnnJay

AnnJay

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:57 PM

Yes, i just bought some coconut flour! Made some banana bread with it!

I am leery of almond flour right now. When I eat a lot of it (say, a serving of a baked good once daily for a few days) I get sick. But I've been using Trader Joes almond meal which is not blanched and has the skins. If I bought one of the expensive, blanched, skinless, finely ground flours, would that make a difference?

#81 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:50 AM

Yes, i just bought some coconut flour! Made some banana bread with it!

I am leery of almond flour right now. When I eat a lot of it (say, a serving of a baked good once daily for a few days) I get sick. But I've been using Trader Joes almond meal which is not blanched and has the skins. If I bought one of the expensive, blanched, skinless, finely ground flours, would that make a difference?

Hi AnnJay--

I buy my almonds in bulk from nuts.com -- then use a sealer to make one pound bags -- I eat them with a bit of salt, I grind them into flour and process them into almond butter or my favorite lately honey-almond butter.

I do buy 'Let's Do Organic' Coconut Flour....but had issues with almond flours I had purchased.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#82 AnnJay

AnnJay

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

Anyone in the mood for meatloaf?

I made a meatloaf with lots of diced (cooked) mushrooms. onions, carrot and celery. I cooked extra veggies and puréed them into a sauce with coconut oil and milk. Use LOTS of mushrooms and it is delicious! It was so nice to experience gravy again!

The meatloaf was good too, but the sauce really made it.

#83 RayRay1212

RayRay1212

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

Hi All, I was recently "diagnosed" with having a negative reaction to Gluten,Dairy, and NightShades. I am still learning how to eat. I think I have done a good job so far and deffenitely feel a lot better. Your comments and recipes in this thread are very informative but I was hoping some one could shed some light on the Paleo diet.. is this something worth following? Is it geared towards people with intolerances of those three food groups?

any info is greatly appreciated

thank you

Ray

#84 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:07 AM

Hi All, I was recently "diagnosed" with having a negative reaction to Gluten,Dairy, and NightShades. I am still learning how to eat. I think I have done a good job so far and deffenitely feel a lot better. Your comments and recipes in this thread are very informative but I was hoping some one could shed some light on the Paleo diet.. is this something worth following? Is it geared towards people with intolerances of those three food groups?

any info is greatly appreciated

thank you

Ray

Hi Rayray,

Welcome to the forum! :)

I don't think the Paleo diet is designed specifically for these food intolerances.  It is mostly avoiding processed foods and grains in my understanding.  But if you are looking for a starting point on diet ideas it should work for that.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: