2 replies to this topic

#1 Macmuireadhaigh

Macmuireadhaigh

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

...on a gluten-free diet before you begin noticing your symptoms getting better? I'm curious, since I've had loose stools for the last eight years. Do you still have diarhea even while not eating gluten, and is this just part of it? Or, at some point, does your villi repair itself and you no longer have it at all? Something tells me I'll always have loose stools, just because I've not had a regular bowel movement in over eight years..so why would anything change now?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:09 AM

I am six months grain free. Sometimes I am having real highs. Sometimes my lows seem lower than ever. When I am the lowest, it seems often I swing to a new high. I say any reaction to the new diet is a good sign. Your body has begun to repair. When you feel bad you can know your body is working really hard to recover. When you are feeling better you don't care about a thing! It can be a rough and long road, but you never know when you may reach the top of a hill, or go around a bend. I think you might see that diarhea go away one day. A good probiotic would be a good thing and make sure parasites are not involved.

Get better and have some fun doing it besides!

Diana

#3 LWebster

LWebster

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:22 AM

My partner had the opposite problem with bowl movements for over 15 years, within 5-7days of being totally gluten free her bowl movements were what most people would consider normal. I guess it will be different for everyone though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: