Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Eggs?

58 posts in this topic

Ads by Google:

I had been able to eat any eggs -- the lectin content is my problem -- it has NOTHING to do with gluten.

Eggs are a wonderful food and should not be given up without a trial -- and if you fail a solid trial then you should trial each egg yolk and egg white.

I'll have them back in my diet just as soon as possible.

I am sensitive to eggs but I believe it has nothing to do with my gluten sensitivity.

We have chickens and feed them some wheat. It is an inexpensive and easy to obtain grain with a high protein content. I have nothing to do with feeding the chickens and they also eat hay and free range stuff. I am hoping to find an appropriate feed without wheat, but surprisingly it really does not seem to be a problem for me. I am so thankful for that. Eggs were one of the 11 things that I had no antibodies for on my IGG test. I poach several every morning and my blood counts have been excellent! My cholesterol is okay also. They are so easy to cook and quick and yet so healthful.

Subjective proof I have it is okay:

No hives

No fatigue

I have energy

IGG tests negative for egg antibodies

I expected to have a problem with eggs; I have eaten them nearly everyday for 5 years, but amazingly all is well between eggs and I!

Has anyone ever just been concerned about what's ON the egg? Egg cartoons always smell like shit or rotten milk or something else gross as it is. Well, the cardboard ones.

If I thought I was getting glutened from eggs I'd wash them (in the shells of course) and my hands thoroughly after handling them, and probably keep the cartoon in a plastic bag too. Then seen if I still had an issue with them.

(man! I rarely venture into the Super Sensitive forum, but this thread was worth a peek!)

I also have trouble with eggs on their own. Seem to be ok in baked goods, but not as the main ingredient. Even so, I've switched to mostly vegan baking since my man won't eat eggs on principle.

I don't think it's a gluten thing, it's just that a lot of us seem to also have issues with eggs, just like a lot of us have problems with dairy, soy, etc.

While grain-fed chickens aren't going to make gluteny eggs (or gluteny chickens. I hope!), what chickens are fed must have an impact on their nutritional value, etc. Organic, free range eggs are just bigger and better all around...

Oh, and whoever those doctors are who test for celiac then don't reccomend a gluten-free diet? WTF?

All I know is I eat eggs, I feel nauseous and shaky in an hour. Not worth it.

Exactly! I likely do not belong here on the super-sensitive sub-forum as I am just figuring out how all of it applies to me at all but, I can tell you that egg sensitivity to either or both egg components, yolk or egg white, is separate for at least some ppl from a gluten allergy perspective... or maybe a predecessor or component for some along the way towards all this garbage.

I developed an egg white sensitivity years ago (30) when I was pregnant with my second child. Ppl tell me I am crazy and that, as a heart patient, I would be better off being sensitive to the yolk with all the cholesterol. With increasing years, I have learned to trust my own body more, despite the nay-sayers. It is deifinitely the whites for me. In cooked foods it sometimes works out ok for me.

I do not even tell the flu shot folks that I react perhaps every third time to the annual flu shots (that contain egg white) because, well, not having the shot carries more risks for me than the topical reaction/irritation.

Anyway, I did appreciate the info from Scott R and wonder if he is simply reporting on a precursor or coexistent condition like fat intolerance or intolerance to spicy, grilled food in some ways (both of which I have had for many years).

I still thank you all for your informative posts even if controversial.

jan