57 replies to this topic

#31 Takala

Takala

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

I'm trying to imagine chickens running around with massive Leaky Gut Syndrome, and then shedding gluten through their pores in their skin, instead of just pooping the gluten out. :huh: Sort of like it's already breaded for deep frying. It's Poultry of Mass Destruction !

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

I'm trying to imagine chickens running around with massive Leaky Gut Syndrome, and then shedding gluten through their pores in their skin, instead of just pooping the gluten out. :huh: Sort of like it's already breaded for deep frying. It's Poultry of Mass Destruction !

:o :P
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#33 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,437 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

It's Poultry of Mass Destruction !

:lol: beware the PMDs

well, between this thread and the simultaneous "butchered chicken and the gluten spilling out of the guts" thread we've got running, the poultry farmers should be "calling Fowl" any minute.

(oh come on, someone had to say it.... ....what? like none of you were thinking it......?)

To the original poster, Carolynmay....sorry for the incredible turn this took. I didn't see that coming when I told you that you would get yes and no answers.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#34 Joe0123

Joe0123

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

I seem to have a reaction to eggs, both the yolk and the white. I haven't tried just yolk in awhile, but the last time I tried egg whites they bothered my stomach some and I felt extremely tired and generally bad all day. Pretty sure it's not a gluten reaction, I guess it's just an intolerance to eggs. Very weird but what can ya do.

#35 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,437 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

I seem to have a reaction to eggs, both the yolk and the white. I haven't tried just yolk in awhile, but the last time I tried egg whites they bothered my stomach some and I felt extremely tired and generally bad all day. Pretty sure it's not a gluten reaction, I guess it's just an intolerance to eggs. Very weird but what can ya do.

Oh Joe...me too...eggs give me grief. NOT baked IN things, but eaten "plain".... No idea why. It just "is".
Truer words were never spoken. Thanks for posting!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#36 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

I also can not eat eggs by themselves. As an ingredient, fine, but just plain eggs give me horrible nausea.
Patti

#37 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,437 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

I also can not eat eggs by themselves. As an ingredient, fine, but just plain eggs give me horrible nausea.

yes, me too, Patti...and not just since DX--my whole life.... and I have researched this for years and asked my hubs, the chemist if there is a reason. (cooking temps perhaps? he says "could be") .and I cannot find any explanation for it.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#38 carolynmay

carolynmay

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

That's ok - it's all made for an interesting read! Shall be having nightmares about Poultry of Mass Destruction for some time :-)

#39 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

When Skeeter was first diagnosed, she also had allergy testing done. She came back with a very mild allergy to eggs. The nurse that called with the results said that at that level, she could have eggs as long as it was an ingredient of something. Just don't serve her a plate of eggs. Skeeter had never liked eggs and would complain about her stomach being upset when she did. It's been five years and she may have outgrown it, but I doubt she will ever eat just plain eggs . . . it made that kind of impression.
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#40 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

Just plain eggs give me horrible gas. But like many others, not when baked into
something. What a strange phenomenon.
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#41 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

It is interesting--and evidently not too uncommon.

I ate eggs as a child but somewhere around my mid 20's, I began to realize whenever I ate them (we used to go out to breakfast on Sunday) I would be sick to my stomach later that day.
Patti

#42 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,437 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

That's ok - it's all made for an interesting read! :D

...oh , it's all that! Glad you asked?? :D

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#43 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

That's ok - it's all made for an interesting read! Shall be having nightmares about Poultry of Mass Destruction for some time :-)

Glad you're here. Interestiing, indeed :rolleyes: . And please continue to explore your quest to find the support YOU need on your road to health. :)
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#44 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,437 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:24 AM

For those of us who can inexplicably eat eggs baked IN things, but not alone, Sylvia and I both saw a short article in Living Without Mag that explains a study done on children with egg allergies. The study concluded that a majority of these kiddos could tolerate them again just fine--if baked in foods (although a few had mild symptoms), so I tried to access the published study, but could only get the abstract which may be of some interest to you.
It concluded with:

Conclusion

Initiation of a baked egg diet accelerates the development of regular egg tolerance compared with strict avoidance. Higher serum EW-specific IgE level is associated with persistent baked and regular egg reactivity, while initial baked egg reactivity is not.

darn it----It will not let me link it for some reason, but here it is

The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
Volume 130, Issue 2 , Pages 473-480.e1, August 2012

Dietary baked egg accelerates resolution of egg allergy in children

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#45 kareng

kareng

Yum!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,811 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:47 AM

For those of us who can inexplicably eat eggs baked IN things, but not alone, Sylvia and I both saw a short article in Living Without Mag that explains a study done on children with egg allergies. The study concluded that a majority of these kiddos could tolerate them again just fine--if baked in foods (although a few had mild symptoms), so I tried to access the published study, but could only get the abstract which may be of some interest to you.
It concluded with:

Conclusion

Initiation of a baked egg diet accelerates the development of regular egg tolerance compared with strict avoidance. Higher serum EW-specific IgE level is associated with persistent baked and regular egg reactivity, while initial baked egg reactivity is not.

darn it----It will not let me link it for some reason, but here it is

The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
Volume 130, Issue 2 , Pages 473-480.e1, August 2012

Dietary baked egg accelerates resolution of egg allergy in children

Good to know its a real thing. I know someone who says she is allergic to eggs but would chow down on cookies and cakes. Of course she is also allergic to any foods she doesn't like, too. :blink:

She is also the person who told me she researched Celiac alot because she thought she might have it. She found that the only way to know if you have it is, when you die, to get autopsied. :ph34r:

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

Someone told me I was delusional.  I almost fell off my unicorn.

fantasy-unicorn-15.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: