Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Sugar

9 posts in this topic

If your diabetic, does your body process sugar different once you stop eating gluten. The reason I ask is candy is starting to make me a little neausa now.

Ads by Google:

It shouldn't. However, if you've recently dropped gluten, other issues tend to pop up.

When my husband started gluten free diet he found it was more difficult to control his blood sugar levels.

If your diabetic, does your body process sugar different once you stop eating gluten. The reason I ask is candy is starting to make me a little neausa now.

could be the corn ( high fructose corn syrup ) that is makeing you neasus

I agree that once you stop eating gluten and resolve whatever symptoms gluten caused, you may notice other sensitivities. I was diagnosed with cane sugar (delayed reaction) IgG mediated allergy. Eating cane sugar gives me rapid heart beat and nausea. You might react to something in the candy, if not cane sugar.

When my husband started gluten free diet he found it was more difficult to control his blood sugar levels.

Did that change over time?

If you're diabetic are you consuming candy with sugar substitutes or alcohols? Some of us have a hard time with those.

lol, nope the real stuff (from grandkids bucket). Hoping it levels out soon. Seem to be going up and down a lot.

lol, nope the real stuff (from grandkids bucket). Hoping it levels out soon. Seem to be going up and down a lot.

The grandkids bucket. I take it from that it was Halloween candy. I know it seems strange but companies whose full size candy is safe for us to eat often have mini-size holiday ones that are made by different companies or in different plants that are not safe.

It may not be a blood sugar issue that made you nauseous it may be that you were glutened.