Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

Not much on it's own. It looks to be a Total Serum IgA result within normal range - granted the lower end of "normal".

Did you have any other blood tests run? Make sure you request written/electronic results of ALL tests.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#3 quirkinator

quirkinator

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

I had another blood test run, but haven't gotten the results back yet. All other procedures/tests came back completely normal, yet I get sick every day. See my earlier posts for my story. Thanks. :)

#4 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

Ah...now I remember...you had a recent double-ender...have you received the pathology from the endoscopic biopsies?

Have you removed all gluten? Since you have completed all testing, it is time to remove it all and give living gluten-free a strict three month trial (six months is better) as this is often the best test for Celiac Disease and the only test for Non-Celiac Gluten Intolerance. NCGI can have many of the same symptoms of Celiac Disease.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: