2 replies to this topic

#1 mars817

mars817

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

I apparently only got page 1 of 2 of my results. I'm not sure anything is on the second page.

So this is what I have:

tTg ANTIBODY, IgA 2.69 (<20 negative)
DGP ANTIBODY IgA 2.28 (<20 negative)
IgA 129 (says range 81-463, which I assume is normal?)

So is it the IgA that you have to have a certain level of to trust the other results? And according to this mine is high enough to be reliable?

Thanks!

Also here is the report from the biopsy:
microscopic description:
Sections of the duodenum show an appropriate villous to crypt ratio without increased intraepithelial lymphocytes. No microorganisms, metaplasia, dysplasia or carcinoma is identified.
gross description:
recieved in formalin... and consists of multiple/tan soft tissue fragments aggregating to .8x.6x.3. TE 1 block. EV, PA (ASPC)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mars817

mars817

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

Anybody understand these? :)

#3 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

Hi Mars!

The blood results are negative. Your total IgA is within normal range -- it is on the low side of normal which interestingly is similar to the results we all have in my family with mostly negative IgA antibody results. I have yet to find a published paper making a correlation between "low normal" Total IgA and accuracy of IgA antibody tests. I would think that IgG results would be listed on page 1 with your IgA results, but you should check that the IgG based tests: tTG-IgG and DGP-IgG were run to be sure you are completely negative for celiac antibodies. Nutrient testing can also be very helpful in figuring out possible deficiencies that need to be addressed.

The biopsy report is also negative, but I'm not clear if this was one single sample or multiple samples.

Regardless of these results if you have symptoms of Celiac Disease, it is time to completely remove ALL sources of gluten for at least three months (six would be better) as total elimination is the only test for Non-Celiac Gluten Intolerance. NCGI shares many symptoms of Celiac Disease. Caution: If you need to have more blood work....don't remove gluten until they are completed.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: