6 replies to this topic

#1 ScottR13

ScottR13

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

I found this great video from Dr Peter Osborne (1 of the leading Gluten Dr's/Researchers). Since i'm kind of new here and don't know where this kind of stuff belongs I'm posting it here. Sorry if it's in the wrong forum. Any how, If you about 30 minutes it's worth your time...

Diagnosed with Wheat, Barley, Rye Allergies Dec. 2011

Gluten Free since Dec. 2011

No more Arthritis, Acid Reflux, Acne, Hyperlipidemia, Hypertension, and countless other minor health problems. Also lost 50 lbs. & avoiding future health problems

Added Bananas, Lettuce, Strawberries, Pork, & Goat Milk to my diagnosed Food Allergy list Oct. 2012

Still a long way to go on discovering all my Food Allergies

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 gatita

gatita

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

Thanks for posting this... lots of new things I didn't know!

Diagnosed with wheat hates me 4/13

#3 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

I hadn't seen this before. It explains well why some of us don't seem to be able to tolerate any grains.

#4 Lady Eowyn

Lady Eowyn

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

Just watched the video clip - I have the very good book 'Dangerous Grains' by James Braly which covers the same subject.
I agree with it completely as I quickly discovered that I cannot eat any of the grains including rice. I don't eat corn anyway as my thyroid medication contains trace maize starch and I don't want to antagonize corn!

Well worth watching - anyone who hasn't.

#5 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:56 AM

My food intolerance test showed I was intolerant of both corn and rice! This just firmed up, for me, the information that Dr. Osborne puts out is right for me!

#6 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:25 AM

I found this great video from Dr Peter Osborne (1 of the leading Gluten Dr's/Researchers).

Though he may call himself "1 of the leading Gluten Dr's/Researchers", I don't think that any of the actual leading gluten Dr's would agree with that. I don't think that he has published any gluten research. He is not a medical doctor. I would call the video his opinion rather than the opinion of the medical community.

#7 ScottR13

ScottR13

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

Though he may call himself "1 of the leading Gluten Dr's/Researchers", I don't think that any of the actual leading gluten Dr's would agree with that. I don't think that he has published any gluten research. He is not a medical doctor. I would call the video his opinion rather than the opinion of the medical community.

This site does/would... http://www.celiac.co....-Peter-Osborne

This was posted to not only help people with C.D. to try and understand what they have but to also help with family members (brother, sisters, children, parents). Just because you don't tests "positive" for C.D., it does not rule out a Gluten Allergy. Gluten Allergy is far more common than C.D. and just as devastating.
Diagnosed with Wheat, Barley, Rye Allergies Dec. 2011

Gluten Free since Dec. 2011

No more Arthritis, Acid Reflux, Acne, Hyperlipidemia, Hypertension, and countless other minor health problems. Also lost 50 lbs. & avoiding future health problems

Added Bananas, Lettuce, Strawberries, Pork, & Goat Milk to my diagnosed Food Allergy list Oct. 2012

Still a long way to go on discovering all my Food Allergies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: