Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

READ FIRST: Super Sensitive Celiacs Disclaimer   09/23/2015

This section of the forum is devoted to those who have responses to gluten beyond the experience of the majority of celiacs. It should not be construed as representative of the symptoms you are likely to encounter or precautions you need to take. Only those with extreme reactions need go to the lengths discussed here. Many people with newly diagnosed celiac disease have a condition known as leaky gut syndrome, which can lead to the development of sensitivity to other foods until the gut is healed - which may take as long as one to three years. At that time they are often able to reincorporate into their diet foods to which they have formerly been sensitive. Leaky gut syndrome leads many people to believe they are being exposed to gluten when they are in fact reacting to other foods.
    • admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Gluten: Allergy/sensitive/intolerant/celiac

7 posts in this topic

I found this great video from Dr Peter Osborne (1 of the leading Gluten Dr's/Researchers). Since i'm kind of new here and don't know where this kind of stuff belongs I'm posting it here. Sorry if it's in the wrong forum. Any how, If you about 30 minutes it's worth your time...

Thanks for posting this... lots of new things I didn't know!

I hadn't seen this before. It explains well why some of us don't seem to be able to tolerate any grains.

Just watched the video clip - I have the very good book 'Dangerous Grains' by James Braly which covers the same subject.

I agree with it completely as I quickly discovered that I cannot eat any of the grains including rice. I don't eat corn anyway as my thyroid medication contains trace maize starch and I don't want to antagonize corn!

Well worth watching - anyone who hasn't.

My food intolerance test showed I was intolerant of both corn and rice! This just firmed up, for me, the information that Dr. Osborne puts out is right for me!

I found this great video from Dr Peter Osborne (1 of the leading Gluten Dr's/Researchers).

Though he may call himself "1 of the leading Gluten Dr's/Researchers", I don't think that any of the actual leading gluten Dr's would agree with that. I don't think that he has published any gluten research. He is not a medical doctor. I would call the video his opinion rather than the opinion of the medical community.

Though he may call himself "1 of the leading Gluten Dr's/Researchers", I don't think that any of the actual leading gluten Dr's would agree with that. I don't think that he has published any gluten research. He is not a medical doctor. I would call the video his opinion rather than the opinion of the medical community.

This site does/would... http://www.celiac.com/authors/1021/Dr.-Peter-Osborne

This was posted to not only help people with C.D. to try and understand what they have but to also help with family members (brother, sisters, children, parents). Just because you don't tests "positive" for C.D., it does not rule out a Gluten Allergy. Gluten Allergy is far more common than C.D. and just as devastating.