#1 kater

kater

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

Hi everyone!

I was just diagnosed with celiac last week, but I've been off gluten for a month - since right after the biopsy. I've been dealing with some pretty bad anxiety for the last year, which is about the same time I've been going through the motions to get diagnosed with celiac (blood test positive, first biopsy negative, second biopsy finally positive!). I was just wondering how many of you have suffered from anxiety and whether or not it went away when you went gluten-free, and if it did, how long did it take?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

I still sort of deal with it, but i'm not having panic attacks, hyperventalating, etc anymore. It has improved majorly.

#3 AandGsmomma

AandGsmomma

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

I have always been described as an anxious person, even when I was a kid. It seems to be improving now, but I still have some bad days. I have only been gluten free since August.

#4 MattMcI

MattMcI

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

I am going throught the process of being diagnosed at the moment, just had a positive blood test a month ago. I have anxiety on and off as well for a while now, I have started my gluten free diet two weeks ago and have yet to see a change in my anxiety. I am hoping that change will come but I am worried it will stick even after the diet change. Its the symptom I have the hardest time with, the stomach pain and digestive issues are easy to deal with when the anxiety and fatigue arent present.

Im sure it will improve, and I like reading that others are in the same boat.
Thanks

#5 kater

kater

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

thanks for your replies...
I am holding out hope! I find it hard to tell what's going to end up a celiac symptom and what's not. I am tired all the time, but I don't keep a very strict sleep schedule either. The anxiety is the worst though. It did seem to get bad at the same as my gasto issues did so hopefully they'll both die down together!

#6 MattMcI

MattMcI

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

thanks for your replies...
I am holding out hope! I find it hard to tell what's going to end up a celiac symptom and what's not. I am tired all the time, but I don't keep a very strict sleep schedule either. The anxiety is the worst though. It did seem to get bad at the same as my gasto issues did so hopefully they'll both die down together!

Try easing off on caffeine, Im finding some relief with that.
I switched to green tea from thick coffee and i am seeing a little improvement.
I was never one to scrutinize what I put into my body before this, but it seems to hold a lot of answers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: