Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Can You Get Rid Of Chest Pain?

5 posts in this topic

After being glutened that is, or do you just have to ride it out? I have never had a pain last this long before and it's really freaking me out. It's been an hour and a half. Normally if I get a pain I just stretch or swing my arms around (I know it sounds crazy but hey, it works) but I can't with this one. It's a sharp stabbing pain in my chest on the right side it goes under my breast and into my armpit that happens if I try to take a deep breath.

What do you do when this happens??

Ads by Google:

I think I would see a doctor immediately to check.

Others may have additional advice but I would not hang around if it is still there.

Doesnt sound like what happens to me . My just pains are not from being glutened but are form other sorts of trama like tripping or some other accident. That causes my heart to go into afib and I can feel it right away when it happens with a popping and gurgling sound followed by all sorts of pain and shortness of breath. Usually takes a day or to go back to normal. Cardiologist said that its my body reacting to changes. Used to happen all the time and three years ago I had minor heart surgery for part of it but then went vegan which helped even more. How it might happen every few months instead a few times a week. The point is to get your heart rhythm checked. I think the link between celiac and heart problems is something just beginning to be explored.

Doesnt sound like what happens to me . My just pains are not from being glutened but are form other sorts of trama like tripping or some other accident. That causes my heart to go into afib and I can feel it right away when it happens with a popping and gurgling sound followed by all sorts of pain and shortness of breath. Usually takes a day or to go back to normal. Cardiologist said that its my body reacting to changes. Used to happen all the time and three years ago I had minor heart surgery for part of it but then went vegan which helped even more. How it might happen every few months instead a few times a week. The point is to get your heart rhythm checked. I think the link between celiac and heart problems is something just beginning to be explored.

Well since it was on the right side of my chest I wasn't overly worried about my heart..but maybe I should be?? But the pain did last over three days, it thankfully was reducing in pain as each day went by so I could breathe much easier by the third day but I don't know what to think about it at all. I'm fine now though. It just seems like some kind of fluke or something.

My pains are usually in the middle although sometimes hard to tell for sure. Three days is awhile though. I guess it cant hurt to get your heart rhythm checked. good luck