Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Anyone Have Ic Type Issues As Well As Celiac And How Do You Handle It?

3 posts in this topic

My IC issues have been acting up lateley. How do I get them to calm down? I think diet coke, cranberry juice, red wine and coffee are the killers. What are yours? It is preventing me from working. I wont take the med for it because it made me almost blind for the pd that I did take it. I'd love to comiserate with anyone that knows what I'm talking about.

Ads by Google:

For me, it takes no gluten, no dairy and very little caffeine to keep it under control, but it does work. Even small amounts of dairy (like baked goods) will cause a flare though. Its annoying, but it beats running to the bathroom 50 times a day. I don't take elmiron either.

It could easier list the foods that I don't make antibodies for. Eggs, pork, avocado, sardines and cucumber. Everything else I am eating is making my body work very hard. I am just beginning a rotation diet in hopes my body can function better. I have a simple way of looking at a rotational diet that Karen Brinkman put out. It still seems a bit complicated to someone just starting. Soon I think it will be easy for me. In the mean time, while I get it organized I am having various kinds of fish for lunch daily.