This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Corn Chips/tostitos Scoops

123glldd

123glldd Collaborator

So...I haven't had tostitos scoops for 3 months now...simply because...well...i haven't had anything to use them with anyhow. I'm kinda scared to eat them again.....i was wondering how many of you have success with them and don't get sick? I'd like to eat them again..they say gluten free but it's not the simple gluten-free in a circle that i'm use to seeing so i dunno how much i trust it?

If you don't eat tostitos scoops what corn chip or mexican like chip do you find is good? i've had beanitos and find them good even though they are nothing like corn chips.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

I really like Mission Corn Chips:)

Adalaide Mentor

Lays have two versions of of products that are "safe" for us. The first are products that contain no gluten ingredients. The second are gluten free and every batch is tested. You can find more information about this on their website. I believe (but I'm not looking right now and this is from memory) that the ones that specifically say gluten free are the tested ones. At any rate you can get that list from their website. While everything is from a shared facility and lines, this is an instance where even in my paranoia I trust the ones labeled gluten free because with every batch tested I know that the likelihood of me getting sick is extremely low. I will add that I haven't looked at them lately, and refuse to buy foods with too many ingredients, things I can't easily pronounce or things I don't recognize, so I'm not sure if I'll be getting them in the future but they haven't made me sick in the past.

Additionally. Mission chips are awesome!! About a month ago I had Tostitos blue corn chips, also awesome.

123glldd Collaborator

Are you both pretty sensitive?

123glldd Collaborator

Also the baked scoops only have about 3 ingredients.

jerseyangel Proficient

Are you both pretty sensitive?

I am-- I have to be very careful with chips. I stick to Lays Stax and the Mission Chips.

Adalaide Mentor

Oh I'll pretty much react to gluten from across the room. :lol: Maybe that is a slight exaggeration. Maybe if I learn to make sour cream I'll head out and hunt down the scoops. Why can't everything only have three ingredients? Not that I eat Cheetos any more, but I would eat Natural Cheetos because they are tested gluten free. I wouldn't eat the regular ones because they simply have no gluten containing ingredients. Not safe enough for me. :ph34r:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

123glldd Collaborator

Yeah I wouldn't risk that either and i'm not even positive how sensitive I am.

Archived