1 reply to this topic

#1 Heather D.

Heather D.

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

I've been Gluten free for about three years now, and have often come to this website for advise, but this is my first time actually posting. I live out in the middle of no where so finding gluten free food is hard to find when dining out.

This was my second time at LongHorn Steakhouse, and my second time that Longhorn as failed to realize the severity of the allergy. Tonight, was one of those nights that no matter how much a persist and annoy the waitress, it didn't really sink in.

I asked for a gluten free menu, and I did turn to the waitress and tell her that I had a gluten allergy, and I I could not have wheat, including bread, croutons, and ect. I ordered a ceasar salad, ensuring that I reminded the waitress, no croutons, seperate bowl tossing, and that I have indeed, an allergy.

When the salad came, I was at first hesitant, and I did take a good look at what I could make out, moving the lettuce as much as I could making sure, but I did not look at the bottom, not until I was halfway done my salad. UGH!

I told the waitress and showed her, I'm sure my worried expression must have given a clue that I understood the long night I'm in for! Did she get the manager? no. Did she ask if I needed medical assistance? no. Did she even comp my meal (really not expected but the gesture...). No, she smiles at me and asked me if I wanted some water... water? Does water work for a peanut allergy? Or maybe it works for the lactose intolerant? I'm sorry, I really don't mean to come off... upset but I'm upset. My soon to be mother in law found the manager, and spoke to him. He was nice, and did comp my meal. However...

I will not go to LongHon Steakhouse ever again, and I'm hoping this post finds others before they make a mistake and pay the price I am.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,115 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

I think you should email the corporate office. Tell them which one you went to, the date and time. Then what happened. This is a company with a corporate go policy and they might want to know.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: