3 replies to this topic

#1 NoCodeMonkey

NoCodeMonkey

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

Does anyone know if Kroger - Low Moisture Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese - Finely Shredded is gluten free ?

I want to make pizza, I already have the gluten free crust and pepperoni and this cheese was in the fridge.

Posted Image

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,122 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

I have never seen a mozzarella that wasn't. Read the ingredients.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

I'm not eating cheese at the moment, but until about 2 weeks ago I ate Kroger cheese pretty much by the pound. I bought both shredded and block, never found one that was not okay. Kroger is awesome at labeling. I once found canned beans that said something about processed in a facility that blah blah blah.... I trust them. But I have actually eaten exactly that cheese, it was fine.

I will second what was already said though. Always, without question, read every label. This forum, no matter how reliable a source of information is not a substitute for being able to care for yourself in that way. Ingredients in a product can change at any time, can vary by country or even by region. I may have the same thing in my cupboard someone is asking about but if we bought them months apart one may be safe and one may be all sorts of full of wheat. So again, because it can not be stressed enough, while that cheese is almost certainly safe, every label, every time. This is the motto by which we all need to live.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#4 Gluten Free For My Kid

Gluten Free For My Kid

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

Good to know. Thank you. We eat a TON of cheese here and I was concerned. Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: