Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Healing Strategies In Addition To gluten-free Diet?

• Please log in to reply

2 replies to this topic

#1 October3

October3

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

I don't know if we're pre or post diagnosis. I have a lengthy post in the pre-diagnosis forum with our backstory. Officially my son's diagnosis is "Potential Celiac Disease". We're questioning the celiac disease theory at the moment because he isn't improving on the diet, but I wanted to pull out this question which would be based on the theory that celiac disease is the problem for him. Beyond being gluen-free, is there more we can do to help with gut healing and improving nutrient absorption? For people with a confirmed diagnosis of C.D., is there anything more that you have found helpful or necessary to recovery?

Thanks all!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 rosetapper23

rosetapper23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

Yes, there is a product called Metagenics UltraClear Sustain Medical Food, which comes in powder form to be added to a smoothie. After 18 months on a gluten-free diet (and I do have celiac), I still experienced diarrhea. My doctor recommended this product to heal my gut, and within two weeks, I felt "normal." If you're not interested in this product, though, a good place to start is to give him L-Glutamine, which helps heal the gut.

#3 October3

October3

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

Yes, there is a product called Metagenics UltraClear Sustain Medical Food, which comes in powder form to be added to a smoothie. After 18 months on a gluten-free diet (and I do have celiac), I still experienced diarrhea. My doctor recommended this product to heal my gut, and within two weeks, I felt "normal." If you're not interested in this product, though, a good place to start is to give him L-Glutamine, which helps heal the gut.

Thank you rosetapper. I will look into both options!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: