#1 jessthirtytwo

jessthirtytwo

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

Hi everyone!

I have been taking Culturelle probiotics ever since I was diagnosed. I recently came across a $10 off coupon for Align probiotics, and having to eat gluten free I'll take any coupon I can get : )
I was just wondering if anyone has taken both brands, and if they differ at all? I don't have any problems with Culturelle, and I don't want to waste my money on Align if they aren't any good. But I have heard good things about them and I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts.

Thanks <3

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Alwayssomething

Alwayssomething

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

Hi,
I took Culturelle and switched to Align, I really like Align and love that I can find the bigger box at Sams. I didn't have any issues with the culturelle except heartburn, which I don't have on the Align.

#3 mamaw

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,983 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:18 AM

I think it has to be a personal choice. For me Culturelle did nothing for me good or bad...align was about the same for me....So find one for yourself that works for your body....And switch off to another brand that helps. We are not supposed to saty on one probiotic forever they need switched up...

I use Pearls & Dr.Ohirra's & in between use up the ones I bought that didn't do much so not to waste them...

#4 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

I've used a variety of brands. I have to watch for dairy free soy free though. Read the ingredients and if you aren't intolerant to anything take them. Switch them up once in a while?
Have you tried Kombucca tea? The probiotic is very concentrated in it and it's a nice supplement to take occasionally. It's kind of like a tart cider. If you find that you like it you can brew your own.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: